Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

300mw+ kryton laser

Kenom

Just to show you what's possible.

Open can in a kryton

Kenom

no it's not. it still has more to go. I measured after I was done and this was at 425ma. Now obviously I'm not going to leave it that high. I like having my lasers last a goooood loooooong time.

but it goes to show that it's not beyond the realm of possibility with these open can diodes. This one was harvested from a sony 20x.

Nice job, I can't wait to get a barrel. I have a 20x open can sitting here waiting to be plucked from the burner.

Switch

WOW! Thats almost half the number of the beast :D It's funny how you made that long thread in naming your barrels and still everyone calls them kenbarrels or Kenom barrels :p
Anyway sweet video and sweet laser!

Amnizu

Whoa nelly. That's pretty intense. Too bad it won't live long at that power.

Kenom

it might. donno. lava's graph shows it up higher than this but not much. I personally wouldn't go any higher than 300mw.

chido

I'm guessing you used an aixiz glass lens, have you compared how much power it puts out with an acrylic lens?

Kenom

that was with an acrylic lens. I currently only have one glass lens. all of the one's I got for the barrels were acrylic.

Switch

Ok, nice... People were saying that the glass lens passes more light.I would be very curious how high it would go with a glass lens at 420mW ::)

chido

Holly crap that was an acrylic lens :eek: you definitely need to test that with the glass lens.

Glass lenses normally allow 20 or so more mw to pass through than an acrylic, unfortunately they don't seem to be able to focus down as well as an acrylic so because of that the acrylic is still better for burning.

But for showing off the power.... go glass.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

chido

I'd like to see a comparison because Jay mentioned that he didn't get the same output out of his aixiz glass like he did with his meredith glass, with the meredith he got about an extra 50mW, but with the aixiz he only got 1mW extra. :-?

Switch

Yea well no wonder the meredith costs 10 times more ::) .Btw I think that at that power, the difference is going to be significant.

drlava

chido said:
I'd like to see a comparison because Jay mentioned that he didn't get the same output out of his aixiz glass like he did with his meredith glass, with the meredith he got about an extra 50mW, but with the aixiz he only got 1mW extra. :-?

When doing comparisons with the plastic lenses, one should note whether the rear aperture has been removed or not, as that has been shown to increase the output of the plastic lenses. Perhaps the comparisons were done against plastic lenses with and without apertures?