Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

300ma 20x DVD laser with module take a look

phenol

a rather long cable... is there a small cap across the leads of the LD to damp high-freq resonances caused by the inductive LD supply line?
What drive does that LD come from?

It is a DDL driver and it has all the necessary components to keep this laser alive for a long time. About the cable I can shorten it if you want, if you please you can stick the heat sink and the diode inside the hole in the case, I did not do this because of the regulations of the government. I am required to sell it as a module for you to incorporate in your project.

Yes, it has a capacitor, diode, 2 10ohm resisters in parallel a voltage regulator and a pot. Everything is permanent and the pot is fixed so it will not adjust itself. I took extreme caution in making this module, i wore an anti-static wrist strap 100% of the time and I used a semiconductor heat sink so that none of the parts especially the LD received any heat of any kind.

The LD comes from an LG 20x DVD Rewriter which was brand new when i took it apart.