Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 watts of DPSS green!

yikes that seller has a (0) feedbackscore  :-/

but yea 3200 mw of power baby sweeeeet ;)

He may be a newbie and have a zero feedback but notice that very expensive optical table the Melles unit is sitting on? And the fact that the unit is Melles? I don't see this as a secondary market sale. He is getting rid of it for a company or the company he works for. I might have to throw a bid out there for this one.

It is identical. I guess I'll have to ask the seller a couple of questions and see what's what.

EDIT:

I just asked for the serial number on the head and a photo of the serial number plate on the driver and laser head.

Be VERY careful if you bid on this laser. I also noticed it was identical to the previous ad on eBay. I had a couple of my very expensive stamp ads duplicated and listed by scammers at later dates. The stamps were $2500 and $8000 respectively. Scammers let enough time pass so folks think it is another copy. eBay pulled the ads immediately when they were notified. I do believe scams will proliferate due to the bad economy.

Yep, best to always be on the side of caution when something seems a bit fishy. Hope the guy is legit for ya Frothy :)

Just an update: Absolutely no response to my query about the serial number. This is a fraud. Someone is going to get screwed as there are 4 bids on it already.

FrothyChimp said:
Just an update: Absolutely no response to my query about the serial number. This is a fraud. Someone is going to get screwed as there are 4 bids on it already.

Not if I can help it. I filed a claim for the bogus auction.

Razako

Winning bid: US $2,301.00
LOL someone's going to get screwed big time.

Got a reply from ebay -

"Thank you for writing eBay in regard to your report on Image and Text
Theft.

I reviewed all the information you sent, but I don't have enough
evidence to show that the seller violated any eBay policies.

Sometimes members allow others to use their images. It's also possible
that the seller got the photo from the same source or from a source we
can't verify. In either case, we can't remove the listing.

The only way we can take action in a case like this is if the person who
owns the image or text writes to us directly."

FrothyChimp said:
i also decided to ask him the serial number just for kicks, but of course, I didnt get a reply either!