Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 prong diode help

glona

ok i jsut dook an infer red diode out of a cd played not burner and its weir lookign hears a pic the prongs are ina straight line witch ones do i hook wire up to??

Attachments

• GetAttachment_002.jpg
    GetAttachment_002.jpg
    4.4 KB · Views: 486

normal diodes do have 3prongs but one of them is not used usualy. You cant really do anything with an ir diode from a cd player, its not visible and it cant burn anything, i guess you could see the dot with a camera tho but you would kinda have to guess how many ma you should give it.

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

does it look like this, its really hard to tell from the picture, its too small...

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

Attachments

• laser_diode_001.jpg
    laser_diode_001.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 2,307

glona

no tis nto a normel diode its like link nad bronce its still got 3 prongs buth their in a row

does it look like this, its really hard to tell from the picture, its too small...

...lazer... ;D ;D ;D

hey i have a laser that looks EXACTLY like this but i cant seem to wire it can u help me:wtf:

Attachments

• 3 prong laser.jpg
    3 prong laser.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 348
The leads are in a row :thinking: can you post a picture we can see of it ?

um the prongs are like the top one on the right i found it in a old laser printer how do i wire it

GBD

I thought all IR diodes(808nm) are case positive and reds (630nm-650nm) where case negative :thinking:

Last edited:
Its probably one of these:

Maybe someone knows the pin out for his diode after looking at my picture . This is the red diode out of the 12x sled so I'm not sure its the same pinout as his IR so i would Rather not post the pinout of this diode until someone says its the same as the OP does not speak good English and i dont want him to miss read the post.:beer: