Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 MXDL homebrew 650nm reds 170mw

tomcat

i am sellin 3 homebrew mxdls ( followed deadels guide to the dot :p) at $80 (£40) each (cost + $20) these are mostly for firsttime buyers wanting the "kipkay" for cheap and reliable but not make one themselves

shipping to the usa will be $15 to uk £4

3 to go

1:forsale
2:forsale
3:forsale

i have listed these before but wanted to readvertise

no images at the moment ( have no camera or internet at home i connect form the local libary)

they have a black painted front

you can have either a metal focus ring or a the flush plastic focus

Can you explain the driver circuitry, if any, in these units? I don't think I caught that Daedal MXDL guide, sorry.

tomcat

pm me to buy and the driver is the general lm317 @250ma with 47uf cap and capdischarge/r diode

tomcat

very... the top is 5x 1mm washers that are themal epoxyed to the top of the lens/diode holder i removed the waterproofing gasket to fit 5 but its all epoxyed ( please dont try underwater or in heavy rain anyway) and painted black upto the lens my own personal one ( made 5 3sell 1 keep 1 push to limit) the limit one broke after 50sec at 460ma :p hammerd out diode so if i get a bluray diode can use it in that

tortured tested the 5th at 250mah for 90sec on once it had been in a cold room it only got slightly warm
droped it from 6ft onto carpet and onto stone no problem only died once i drove it to death

runs on 4.2-9v because the lm317 has a heatpipe ( insulated thermal epoxy to the side of the driver "screw in" case)

current is 250ma set by 5x signal diodes -/-/-/= for closest vdrop and then confirmed a oldskool galvonic ameter on the ld (i calibrate before each)

enough info :p

Hi Tomcat

1. Is it a Senkat diode you're using?
2. What kind of postage to the UK would you be getting for £4, Special Delivery?
3. Any extra charge for paypal.

Thanks in advance

thekanester

tomcat

no charge for paypal as you send money as "gift" (no fees and i never take it back to bank anyway i just buy internet things) by paypal and i then send off the laser next morning :) it is a senkat gb3 diode and £4 thats just the figure my postoffice gave me for mainland uk 1stclass with packageing (its in a pretty big package with all the bubblewrap) i can just send it in a crap bubblewrap envelope and 2nd class for like £2 but then theres a chance it will go poop from chavvy postage dudes playing footy with it and i do live quite out of the way

i know it sounds stupid but

1.Does this laser burn at all
2.What would be your cheapest deal for one with the metal focusing to england
with the 1st class post