Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 motor spiro now with movie that works:)

Appropo of the other spiro thread I have taken a few short movies that may or may not work, I will try posting one here and see how it goes.........

* Edit.....Well that didn't work  :mad: , The movie will run in Quicktime but not in windows media player, has anyone any ideas about what I can do....other than delete and forget about it  :) , to get it to work? *

Attachments

• 3mirror_test01_001.wmv
    3.8 MB · Views: 43

Y

yew.sir-name

Re: 3 motor spiro

yup it didn't work, try converting the movie? or make your movies with windows movie maker?

:) I have just downloaded a converter, if it works I will post the result.

Regards rog8811

Works for me Rog (even if it is quicktime) Nice vid, love the way you used red and green together.

Jase

Y

yew.sir-name

i just watched it in quicktime. i want a yellow laser

Ok got there at last, tried 4 converters before one would work :mad:

I have spliced a few paterns together, sorry about the writing across some of them, I wasn't going to pay for the software until I knew it would work.

Things you need to know:-

Mirror angles as shallow as possible to get little in the way of cross overs (for true spiro paterns you need slightly more of an angle)

The red is the group buy 16x, It is focused and combined with the green at a greater distance than where I filmed it (arms not long enough to operate the camera/lasers etc :)

First a picture of the setup

Attachments

• 3mirror01.jpg
    3mirror01.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 110

.....and now the movie :)

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• 3mirror_test01.wmv
    3.8 MB · Views: 39
That is really good Rog. :cool:

I like how the third motor / Mirror gives the patterns Depth, they zoom in and out, very cool.

How did you combine the red and green? Dichro or just nice alignment. It is a very neat setup, nice work.

Jase

EDIT: I need to read properly, so you just combined the 2 by pointing them slightly inward and focusing to a point behind the mirrors?

The combining was done using the rangefinder from a camera, it works very well :)
I am limited with the speed control at the moment so more experimentation to do yet :)

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• range-small02.jpg
    range-small02.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 81
EDIT: I need to read properly, so you just combined the 2 by pointing them slightly inward and focusing to a point behind the mirrors?

After the rangefinder prisms they are slightly apart when they hit the mirrors but as they converge at a distance the red is better focused, (this is the aixis module focus problem), and I get a better yellow.

Your spiro looks really great rog, great job ! video is really nice, makes me want to add another motor to my spiro now :D

Comidt

Very Nice Rog!
What pots did you use for that?
I'm looking for some fans (80mm) and pots to run them. What ohmage do I need?

@comidt, Bit of problem with answering that, whilst I was pulling together the parts for this I noticed on ebay a four fan speed control for a computer, I sniped it for next to nothing. The pots are connected indirectly, through the drive board, so the value of them is not directly related to the speed.

I find that I cannot get the fans quite as slow as I would like. I may end up not using it..... All I can suggest is try something in the region of 5k, the good old suck it and see method. :)

Regards rog8811