Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3 day old green laser already dead :(

I bought it off of ebay, its called the Black Beast *shrugs* it worked great for a couple of days now when I press the button to turn it on, its very dim. Any ideas on what could be wrong or what i need to do to fix it?:banghead:

daguin

Have you changed the batteries?

Did you leave it on for a long time?

Did it get dropped or thrown?

Do the batteries "rattle" more than they used to?

Peace,
dave

Check to see if the dot is an odd shape, bigger size than normal, etc. If that's the case then it is a problem with the crystals.
Good luck and welcome to the forum!

I have changed the batteries a couple of times already and it has been great. It has never been dropped or anything, i keep it in the case most of the time. The dot shape is still good when it manages to throw out a dim beam. I am almost wondering if its the spring that touches the batteries. I forgot to tell you its a 5mW, nothing fancy but it was my first and long awaited green laser.

daguin

I have changed the batteries a couple of times already and it has been great. It has never been dropped or anything, i keep it in the case most of the time. The dot shape is still good when it manages to throw out a dim beam. I am almost wondering if its the spring that touches the batteries. I forgot to tell you its a 5mW, nothing fancy but it was my first and long awaited green laser.

If none of those things are relative, then we next move to the power. If the batteries do not seem to be "rattling" more than they used to, it probably isn't "just" the spring. You can try putting a ball of tinfoil in the back of the laser to help squeeze the batteries farther forward.

Also, it is possible that the driver board has flexed down away from the button. Open the laser and look at the spring. There should be a foam "ring" around the spring. Pull that out with something. Now while looking into the barrel, push down on the button. Is the board flexing down (away from the button)? If so (and I recommend even if not) cut a piece of plastic or wood to fit under the board to hold it up level.

If neither of those things help, you may have a broken laser on your hands

Peace,
dave

Ebay can not sell more than 5mw laser , and price is tooooooo competitive , it looks like only renew or bad quality there ,, At present , all high class stores hide in here :)))