Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3.7v CR123a Li-lon battery Charger flashes between red and green while charging

Hi there,

After my cheap build charger for CR123a 3.7v battery that came with my 'cute' 250mw red laser from O-like died, Susie sent me another charger.

The new one is different than the broken one. While the broken one can charge only one battery at a time, the new one can charge one or two batteries at a time.

Since I have one battery, I use only one compartment of the two.

My question is:
I noticed that the led is flashing between red and green while charging. Is this normal?:thinking:

Because from what I know while charging the led should be red fixed and when done it should turn to green.

Is it flashing because I am charging only one battey at a time and not two?

Charger model is XSL-123a and the brand name is XINSHENGLI.

TIA

Last edited:

Perfectly normal. Unlike NiMH chargers that show red while charging and green when done all my LiIon (all trustfire brand) flash red/green while charging. It should go solid green when fully charged.

Last edited:
Perfectly normal. Unlike NiMH chargers that show red while charging and green when done all my LiIon (all trustfire brand) flash red/green while charging. It should go solid green when fully charged.

:thanks:

After it finished charging (solid green), the battery voltage was 4.14v and that proovs that the charger does actually charge fine and confirms your reply.

What's funny is that I also have the Tenergy 2 RCR123A 3.0V 750mAh Rechargeable LiFePO4 Li-Ion Batteries with AC/DC Smart Charger and this charger shows red while charging and green when done.

I suppose that some chargers flash during charging and some don't.