Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3.56W 445 Laser on ebay

ARG

Looks like his LPM needs calibration.

Also
You are legally responsible for any injury to anybody resulting from the use of or assembly of these components or their finished products. You Accept this diode/module as a COMPONENT for integration in a system of YOUR OWN design and will be legally responsible from any and all LIABILITIES These Diodes and Modules are sold solely as a component for incorporation into the customer's end products. Therefore, this diode/module is exempt from compliance with the appropriate requirements of FDA 21CFR, section 1040.10 and 1040.11 for complete products.

That doesn't work. People have tried every way to circumvent the FDA.

Also in the description
0mw no power this is a kit you have to put it all together

Sounds pretty shifty to me.

Last edited:
Well, it's not really a 4.1W... but 3.6W... :wtf:?!?! What am I missing?

It also seem remarkably stable... I would expect the drop off to be faster.

Also his price is... well it's perfectly reasonable... looking through his feedback he isn't charging people through the nose like some ebay sellers I've seen.

Maybe he chilled it?

Last edited:

JLM

Looks like his LPM needs calibration.

Also

That doesn't work. This guy is a bit of a dumbass :p

Also in the description

Sounds pretty shifty to me.

Probably out of calibration but peak to far over 3W, is super impressive see the video. IMO not go over 4W but yes over 3.5W.:eg:

Well, it's not really a 4.1W... but 3.6W... :wtf:?!?! What am I missing?

It also seem remarkably stable... I would expect the drop off to be faster.

Also his price is... well it's perfectly reasonable... looking through his feedback he isn't charging people through the nose like some ebay sellers I've seen.

Maybe he chilled it?

The best parts are going over 3.5W with this cheaper batteries and one driver with 5 modes.
2X GTL 18650 5200mah Li ion Rechargeable Battery Smart Charger for Torch A134 | eBay
:wave:

Last edited by a moderator:
looked cold when you see him breathing... he prob just leaves them out in the shed...

I talked to this guy and he claimed to throttle 9mm diodes at 3.5A... He then claimed that the out put would exceed 4.5 Watts. I don't know what to think. Seems a bit off putting to me.

ARG

"Capacity: 5300mAh" BULLSHIT

This guy is nothing but lies IMO. I highly doubt that laser is over 3.5W. He most likely screwed with the gain on his LPM to make it look like a higher power.

I talked to this guy and he claimed to throttle 9mm diodes at 3.5A... He then claimed that the out put would exceed 4.5 Watts. I don't know what to think. Seems a bit off putting to me.

tumblr_me2a0pNXCe1ra4u9mo1_500.gif

3.5A? On a 9mm diode? :crackup: 4.5W optical power? :crackup:

This guy is definitely faking it. There's no way you can run a 9mm that hard without having it degrade to nothing in a second.

I now have no doubt this guy is full of shit.

Last edited:

JLM

"Capacity: 5300mAh" BULLSHIT

This guy is nothing but lies IMO. I highly doubt that laser is over 3.5W. He most likely screwed with the gain on his LPM to make it look like a higher power.

tumblr_me2a0pNXCe1ra4u9mo1_500.gif

3.5A? On a 9mm diode? :crackup: 4.5W optical power? :crackup:

This guy is definitely faking it. There's no way you can run a 9mm that hard without having it degrade to nothing in a second.

I now have no doubt this guy is full of shit.
I don’t know but probably you can tell him about the interest of the forum to measure his laser in a real LPM. Probably he can send it to you only for a trust measure. ;)

ARG

I don’t know but probably you can tell him about the interest of the forum to measure his laser in a real LPM. Probably he can send it to you only for a trust measure. ;)

His LPM looks like an Ophir or Newport, it's real, but the calibration is wayyyyyyy off.

I'd be willing to LPM anything he sends me. Better to get IE to do it though since he's not international.

Last edited:
Doesn't lpm a laser in different temperatures have an effect on the reading especially with ophir heads? I believe they have a sweat spot near room temperature.

His LPM looks like an Ophir or Newport, it's real, but the calibration is wayyyyyyy off.

I'd be willing to LPM anything he sends me. Better to get IE to do it though since he's not international.

Yeah lmao i didn't message him back after reading that 3.5A BS

Better to get IE to do it though since he's not international.

Sure I'd be willing to do it & tape it.

Doesn't lpm a laser in different temperatures have an effect on the reading especially with ophir heads? I believe they have a sweat spot near room temperature.

I've never used my LPM except at room temperature, but yes, they are temperature sensitive. Simple enough to account for it though, so long as you don't need 1mW precision.

I would question more the effect of the temperature on the laser. Who is to say he didn't freeze that laser for an hour before the test...? Personally I try to do all my test with lasers kept at room temperature, and the room temperature recorded.

Edit: Woah, 3.5A?... Ok moving along now. Nothing worth seeing here anymore :p

Last edited:

JLM

Ok, probably this guy is the best liar over eBay; but what with the video? Doesn’t exists Photoshop to modify a video, I am chemist and I work all the time in my lab with one ophir like this in the video and this LPM have auto calibration. I don’t want to add more wood to this fire but go over 3W with one 5 mode driver and 2 batteries is magic “IMO”.

Even 9mm diodes will fry at ~2,6-2,7A if you got lucky it will survive a few hours at best !!
But 3,5A no WAY !!!

Edit:
And 5300mAh for an 18650 ?! I guarantee you they will have no more than ~2200mAh

Last edited:
Hmmm... He has quite a lot of vids posted with some real effort put into them I think he is def a member here or at PL.