Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

3.2w ir

GBD

Its a single diode, using a pretty common C-mount 808nm diode (IIRC they go up to 5W, before going to F-mount format and above). search ebay, pl, or the bst, someone might have these diodes handy.

What do you need the IR laser for?

Last edited:
Its a single diode, using a C-mount 808nm diode (IIRC they go up to 5W, before going to F-mount format and above). (search ebay, pl, or the bst, someone might have these diodes)

What do you need the IR laser for?

I don't necessarily need any laser. But I want it. More specifically I would like to try to make it. You know. That feeling where you have a working laser that you built that is as powerful as that. Even if you don't have any hair afterwords because you ripped all of it out in the process, You're still cool.

GBD

If its just for the sake of having a working IR laser, a simple build like any diode laser on this forum can be made quite easly. (offcoarse, with the proper lens mount and diode mount, a C-mount diode isn't the common pressfit cans)

Last edited:

ARG

Someone found a CMount lab housing a while ago, looks exactly like the one in the O-Like picture.

If its just for the sake of having a working IR laser, a simple build like any diode laser on this forum can be made quite easly. (offcoarse, with the proper lens mount and diode mount, a C-mount diode isn't the common pressfit cans)

Yeah, I'm not nearly as familiar with building dpss lasers as a straight diode.
But that would be something I would like to learn in the near future.

Not saying you couldn't do it but your going to need more hair :crackup:

Yeah, I'm not nearly as familiar with building dpss lasers as a straight diode.
But that would be something I would like to learn in the near future.

rhd

I've got some obnoxiously high powered IR c-mount diodes.

By obnoxiously high powered, I mean that some were doing fine (~2W output after optics) on the 5A max of my bench PSU, and the others (the "higher powered" ones) were only just starting to lase by 5A.

They're from Chris. I wouldn't trust their wavelength designations for something like DPSS. But as basic insanely powerful IR diodes go, they're pretty damn impressive.

You can also get really high powered IR c-mounts from SinoLaser. From memory, for about $150 shipped, you can get a 5W with a FAC. Pretty good deal. I think.