Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2Watt Laser

I got this 2 watt blue laser from China It looks very much like the Artic Laser but without the bells and whistles,I saw some demo of blowing up balloons,at 18 feet.This Laser I have melts and makes a hole on black plastic at 30 feet measured distance,also blows up a baloon al 30 feet,before testing I put my hand on the beam to se if it was warm enough,it burned my hand,then put the plastic and made a hole.Im thinking this 2 watt laser has much more than 2 watts.Taking the Artic Laser as example is there a way I can get to the battery spring?It cost me 199.00 dollars,12 days to arrive.They have many at good prices and 3 month warranti,link is Freemascot.com.

You are best off avoiding sites like this, can you link to the laser you actually bought?

Why do you want to get to the battery spring?

Last edited:
I got this 2 watt blue laser from China It looks very much like the Artic Laser but without the bells and whistles,I saw some demo of blowing up balloons,at 18 feet.This Laser I have melts and makes a hole on black plastic at 30 feet measured distance,also blows up a baloon al 30 feet,before testing I put my hand on the beam to se if it was warm enough,it burned my hand,then put the plastic and made a hole.Im thinking this 2 watt laser has much more than 2 watts.Taking the Artic Laser as example is there a way I can get to the battery spring?It cost me 199.00 dollars,12 days to arrive.They have many at good prices and 3 month warranti,link is Freemascot.com.

So... you bought one of these...:thinking:
Powered 2000mW Blue Laser Pointer with Safety Glasses + Luxury Case (Black)

Balloons and plastic are not LPMs.... and we all know
that the majority of WL Lasers are underspec.

The only way you can know the actual output of your
Laser s with a calibrated Laser Power Meter.

Yeah.... why do you need to access the battery spring...:thinking:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

Last edited:
merged 5 consecutive posts

I need to get to the battery spring because it seems it has bad contact or bent spring.They have good email response,usually they contact me in a few hours or best day..The Lase is still in warranti.

I kept testing the Laser and it still burns at 50 feet.

Yep thats the Laser I bought
I consider 50 feet a long distance for 2 watt.I know there are god laser experts on this page,and very good at it.I cant work with small parts because of macular hole in both eyes.

Ill try asking the store ,they may tell me how to get to that spring.And if necesary they send me a new one,.I had Lasers since the first HeNeon red lasers came in at Edmund Scientific,but they were always expensive until now tha better technology lowered prices.I am a medical Technologist and Scientist..The macular holes I have in both eyes are not Laser related.Thanks to those who wrote something on my thread.

PS. The problem with the spring is that I fell down the stairs with the Laser in my hand and hit the floor by the battery cap..

It will take some time to get used to this page,I am most of the time in Facebook.Came here for the first time in 2008.Bought some Diodes and parts for making a laser from Greg store.still have them.

Last edited by a moderator:
The EDIT button on the bottom-right of your post is still operational AFAIK! You don't need to make a new post every time, just edit the first one.

daguin

So... you bought one of these...:thinking:

Balloons and plastic are not LPMs.... and we all know
that the majority of WL Lasers are underspec.

The only way you can know the actual output of your
Laser s with a calibrated Laser Power Meter.

Yeah.... why do you need to access the battery spring...:thinking:

Jerry

You can contact us at any time on our Website: J.BAUER Electronics

This has got to be for real
The material it is made out of is . . . . . "Aerometal"
That even sounds powerful

Peace,
dave

jaybob

Not only that Daguin, but some how they managed to change the wavelength of the laser from 445 to 450nm, incredible! "This laser may cause temporary blindness or minor irritation" . . .

Classified as Class 2 or 3R according to the label. Do not use Class 3b or 4 products
Operate at a wavelength between 630 nm and 680 nm
Have a maximum output less than 5 mW, the lower the better

The description of above mentioned laser is an epic fail! This guy really needs to go for an advertising course or something, he is saying to people "DO NOT BUY MY LASER!"

@jaybob You get diodes up to 1.4W that has a 450nm wavelength. DTR sells them. It is called a PLTB450 diode.

Last edited:

jaybob

@cube yeah, but for some reason I doubt that this chinese website can beat DTR's diodes by 600 mW for the low price of 199.99 :) with glasses, a case, batteries, a charger, and shipped ofcourse :p

@cube yeah, but for some reason I doubt that this chinese website can beat DTR's diodes by 600 mW for the low price of 199.99 :) with glasses, a case, batteries, a charger, and shipped ofcourse :p

Im happy with this Chinese laser,its up to my sspectatives,being using it almost everyday without a flaw.It has a next gen Diode and easy to disasemble,its like modular.