Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2nd Red laser

lJakel

Time to do this right. I now have a multimeter and within the next few days I'm going to go to radioshack and pickup some pieces for a dummy load.

I'm going off of this tutorial.
How to make a selectable Dummy Load - VERY in depth

Components used
1 x 1ohm, 1watt resistor
16x gold plated header pins
7x 1n4004 diodes, 400v 1A max
Protoboard with separate copper pads for each hole.
Total cost ~$13

Instead of the 1ohm 1w resistor. Radioshack has a NTE 1W1D6 - Resistor-1W 1.6 Ohm 5% instead. Is this going to be a problem?

Im picking up 2 LPC 826 Diodes from cajunlasers website. I have a groove2 driver but I'm not sure if its even functioning properly.

I have an aixiz module with the stock lens it comes with. I think I read correctly that I can put this at 400ma and be fine although I would like to prolong the life so it probably wont be at 400ma

Anyone have any suggestions to alternatives or point outs?

using a 1.6 ohm resistor will change the ratio of ohms to watts from 1:1 to 1.6:1.
if you take that into account when setting the groove you'll be fine. good luck! those red 826's have some nice beam specs.

lJakel

using a 1.6 ohm resistor will change the ratio of ohms to watts from 1:1 to 1.6:1.
if you take that into account when setting the groove you'll be fine. good luck! those red 826's have some nice beam specs.

The groove driver is set to the low power mode which is limited to like... <250ma. Well when i tested with the dummy it came out to 468 or so, and climbed to 501, maybe someone can explain why im an idiot somewhere. The diodes get hot to the touch. Im probably missing something or my driver is shooooot

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s7jbdrmn3kdbpcf/Photo%20Jul%2027%2C%207%2005%2010%20PM.jpg

Here is my load.