Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

250mW 650nm RED Laser Lab Projector OEM with TTL

Hiram

Just ordered, should be here in about a week. New to LASERS so be gentle. Can someone tell me how to use the TTL on this laser I just orderd? Any info is welcome... Thanks :)

Things

Re: 250mW 650nm RED Laser Lab Projector OEM with T

for a start, you might want to post this in the appropriate board, and secondly welcome to the forum ;)

Where did you buy it from? TTL is usually 0V and 5V, one being on, the other off. Unless you know the exact laser though, you can't tell which is which, if its really 5V, or the input configuration is since its not standardized. That may be somethign to ask the company you bought it from.

Hiram

pseudonomen137 said:
Where did you buy it from? TTL is usually 0V and 5V, one being on, the other off. Unless you know the exact laser though, you can't tell which is which, if its really 5V, or the input configuration is since its not standardized. That may be somethign to ask the company you bought it from.
I bought it on e-Bay from ZoneStealth.
 Wavelength : 650nm RED
 Output power (mW) @ 25C : 250mW
 Operating Current (mA) : 330ma
 Operating Voltage : 3.0 - 5.0V DC
 Operation Mode : CW
 Modulation Mode: Analog or TTL > 10khz
 Beam Divergence > 0.4 mrad
 Output Power Stability < 1.0%

Hiram

things said:
for a start, you might want to post this in the appropriate board, and secondly welcome to the forum ;)
Thank You for the Welcome. Sorry I posted this wrong, hopefully I will figure this all out...  Thanks

I bought one of those. The 100mw version the focus is really bad on them :(

Gazoo

Shame you didn't ask first....always ask before buying anything laser related. I hope it lives up to its specs.

Hiram

Gazoo said:
Shame you didn't ask first....always ask before buying anything laser related. I hope it lives up to its specs.
I also bought a 30mw green laser on e-Bay from Glocks12, it should be here in a day or two. I hope. Sorry I didn't find this forum sooner. I hope they work out.

Gazoo

Yeah...I hope so too :) Please let us know when you get your stuff and what you think of it. And please be careful...I hope you are considering goggles especially for the 250mw. laser.

S

SenKat

Hiram - SERIOUSLY consider sending the red unit to someone to test out - the last 250mw unit I tested from "zonestealth" was barely putting out 110mw......he rips people off daily, and sits back, smiling :(

Greg

Hiram

Gazoo said:
Yeah...I hope so too :) Please let us know when you get your stuff and what you think of it. And please be careful...I hope you are considering goggles especially for the 250mw. laser.
Thanks, What type of goggles would be the best for this laser? :cool:

Hiram

SenKat said:
Hiram - SERIOUSLY consider sending the red unit to someone to test out - the last 250mw unit I tested from "zonestealth" was barely putting out 110mw......he rips people off daily, and sits back, smiling :(

Greg
Tkanks for the heads up. I wish before diving into this hobby head first, I would have tested the water first. Sounds like there are a lot of sharks out there. How does one go about testing the output? I read somewhere you could put a red LED in front of the laser diode and use a amp meter across the LED to measure current??? :-/

Gazoo

Hiram said:
[quote author=Gazoo link=1190255822/0#8 date=1190354108]Yeah...I hope so too :) Please let us know when you get your stuff and what you think of it. And please be careful...I hope you are considering goggles especially for the 250mw. laser.
Thanks, What type of goggles would be the best for this laser? :cool:[/quote]

I recommend Wicked Laser Lasershades. I have two, one for blocking red and the other for green. But personally I would not buy a laser from them. The shades will run you about $60.00 including the shipping. The link for the red shades follows:

http://www.wickedlasers.com/lasers/Red_650nm_LaserShades-49-11.html

These red shades are perfect. Some of the others block out so much you can't even see the dot. With these you will be very happy.

Gazoo

Hiram said:
Tkanks for the heads up. I wish before diving into this hobby head first, I would have tested the water first. Sounds like there are a lot of sharks out there. How does one go about testing the output? I read somewhere you could put a red LED in front of the laser diode and use a amp meter across the LED to measure current??? :-/

That method will not give you any kind of accurate measurement. You need a laser power meter which will measure the output of the laser in mw's. They are a bit pricey. So if you want to get it measured, send it to SenKat. He is a good guy.. :)

Hiram

Thanks for all the info guy's....

Hiram

Just received my 250mw red laser, applyed 4.83 vdc the current draw at the batteries is 330ma, (1.5939 watts power comsumption) but it will not lite a match. I tried to adjust the pot, the current will drop down to 240ma but 330ma is the upper limit. Is this the best I can expect?  :-/