Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

250mw 650nm Lab Use (with TTL) Ebay $90

http://cgi.ebay.com/250mw-650nm-Red...yZ109452QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Bought one.  For $90 - thats pretty good if it does run up to $250mW - though it doesn't look like the focus is adjustable.

Brand new 250mw 650nm red dot laser for lab, machine, manufacturing and for laser projector replacement.

Size: (26mm x 100mm)
Wavelength: 650nm
Output Power: 250mw
Operating Current: 340mA
Operating Voltage: 5.0v
Operating Mode: CW
Optics: Coated Glass Lens
Beam Divergence: 0.2~1.5mard
Operating Temperature: -10?~75?
Storage Temperature: -40?~85?

It looks like that is a diode and a holder. You may need a 5 v. power supply to power it. :)

I think somebody bought one on here, I don't think it put out the specified 250mW IIRC :( If you want burning power get the DX 200 red, it is near half the price of that.

Styro - does DX have a 200mw labby ? I haven't been on there in a while...I am kinda grounded from DX :p

IF it puts out the stated level, it should be a good deal - that actually has the driver built into the back end of it, IIRC - I have seen many others selling those previously, but haven't seen too many folks biting.

I bought one for the lab - not my money so I'll report back with how it performs. Yes you need 5VDC. I have a DX200 for personal use. :)

daguin

LikeitBright said:
I bought one for the lab - not my money so I'll report back with how it performs. Yes you need 5VDC. I have a DX200 for personal use. :)

It says (with TTL), but they don't show a board. I think I'll wait until I see your report.

Peace,
dave

daguin said:
[quote author=LikeitBright link=1214436130/0#4 date=1214799196]I bought one for the lab - not my money so I'll report back with how it performs. Yes you need 5VDC. I have a DX200 for personal use. :)

It says (with TTL), but they don't show a board. I think I'll wait until I see your report.

Peace,
dave[/quote]

Good idea, Dave :) IF they are the same ones as I have seen elsewhere - the driver board, and the TTL circuit are built into the housing - making it only three wires popping out the back end of the laser....minimal soldering required, and nice, neat little package !

SenKat_Stonetek said:
Styro - does DX have a 200mw labby ? I haven't been on there in a while...I am kinda grounded from DX :p
Hey sorry I didn't reply very fast! Anyway DX doesn't have a 200mW red labby, I just assumed this guy wanted cheap power because so many people's laser problems are solved with that laser :p

styropyro said:
[quote author=SenKat_Stonetek link=1214436130/0#3 date=1214448332]Styro - does DX have a 200mw labby ? I haven't been on there in a while...I am kinda grounded from DX :p
Hey sorry I didn't reply very fast! Anyway DX doesn't have a 200mW red labby, I just assumed this guy wanted cheap power because so many people's laser problems are solved with that laser :p[/quote]

LOL No worries :)

Ok, got the module- looks good.  Has two pair of wires (red/black) coming out of module.  Driver is obviously inside.  The longer pair are the power leads- the others the TTL though I haven't tested them yet. I hooked it up to my lab power supply unit.  At the required 5.0V it draws 300mA.  Upping the voltage sees no increase in current so it appears to be regulated to 300mA which is nice.

Very very bright.  I can't measure the power accurately just yet but I can say its the brightest I've seen.  Certainly brighter than my DX200 with AR single element lens at 300mA and brighter than a 200mW lab module I have lying around.  The output lens is held in place with a ring which looks to be removable.  The lens also has a blue bloom so would appear to be AR coated.  Focus is not adjustable as far as I an see. So if its doing 250mW at 300mA isn't that some kind of efficiency record?  Certainly it would be very good as most of the open can long die x22 burner type diodes need around 400mA to run up to 250mW
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1203149320

I can feel warmth if I place finger tip in the collimated beam (no focusing).  But I'll get a PM onto it soon.

Edit: After further beam comparison with my DX200 with single element AR collimating lens I have to say the beam and spot look quite similar in terms of brightness. So perhaps the 250mW module is not significantly over 200mW.

I dunno, for $90, I could buy a DX200 for the driver and laser diode, and their stage laser just for the heatsink and make my own... but that's just me.