Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

240mw off ebay

Hey, I was just wondering, Are the 240mw lasers on ebay actually that?

If not, what are they? Also, Will they burn stuff? Thanks

Kenom

ya need to search the forum a bit before askin questions that have already been answered. The 240mw ebaysers are NOT 240MW. The one reviewed by the led museum was only 30mw.

Yea you should be able to see it in low light conditions. As for burning, you might be able to make some smoke with the aid of optics. Just give it an hour or so and you will get some good replies. I have not owned any lower than 50mw so I can not say from experience.

A magnifying glass. Sorry was typing in a hurry last post. Optics was easier :)

Daedal

The 240mW lasers from eBay are a ripoff. The 30mW from DealExtreme seems to be one of the best choices out there, and the 50mW is just as good. Both are bery over powered - meaning they put out more than they are rated for - but are not very resilient to drops/pocket treatment/daily carry... etc.

The optics that you would need is pretty much just anything to help you focus the beam down to a fine spot so you can harness the full power of the laser to a fine spot and help it burn... just as you would with the sun and a pile of ants... ;)

--DDL

Daedal

I'm sorry... I really thought I had heard of some people from UK getting DX stuff... Maybe you could buy something and have it shipped to someone here in the US, and then have them send it across the pond from here ;)

--DDL

Im looking for a nice green laser with a visible beam, Preffereably in daylight too. Also would be nice if it could light matches and stuff. Looking no more than 35 british pounds really. Any ideas?

Haz_622 said:
Im looking for a nice green laser with a visible beam, Preffereably in daylight too. Also would be nice if it could light matches and stuff. Looking no more than 35 british pounds really. Any ideas?
Here is probably your best deal. It's under 30 US dollars so thats something like 15 Pounds right? All of DX's models 50mW are really good and this would be your best brightness for the price.