Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

240mw Burning Laser Pointer

Sure, you've seen them on TV and all across the Internet: laser pointers so powerful they can BURN through tape, LIGHT MATCHES several feet away, and even MELT through plastics... Stop dreaming - you now have the chance to possess YOUR very own for an alltime low price!

Because of high-volume 3rd-party laser importation agreements, we can ensure that you receive the best parts and service when you order from NitroxLasers.com

Please check out our wide selection of burning laser pointers, many with built-in driver boards, at NitroxLasers.com

Attachments

• silver_laser.png
    silver_laser.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 124

iewed

Seems legit, however, I haven't seen a laser that has it's constant power output within 50mW of its pulsed power output. Do you mean peak output instead of pulsed?

chido

Just sticking the diode in a mini mag with no driver.
laughing-smiley-015.gif
FOOL GO SPAM SOMEWHERE ELSE!!!!

Actually, although one of our models is just a DVD burning diode (16x) inside a MiniMaglite, all 3 of our other models DO feature constant current drivers. Please check our site before making such assumptions. Thanks. ;)

Also, the CW / thermal output of our MiniMag version is approximately 120-160mw, depending on batteries, duty cycle, etc. Please check out site (nitroxlasers.com) for details.

Kenom

not even going to waste my time to look. Your going to setup a site selling homemade minimag lasers? doesn't warrant my attention.

Kenom, the site is already setup. And we're not selling only MiniMag lasers. We also have available Dorcy Jr. lasers (with a customer constant current driver) in both 240mw and 350mw (pulsed) models. For the record, we've already sold over 15 in the month and a half that the site's been up, and all of our customers so far have been happy. For example, here's an email that I recently received from a client in Illinois:

Hey Justin,

After looking around and reading reviews as well as rereading the wording on your site I feel a lot better. After playing with the laser even more, I feel very superior and I can ignite things quickly and easily. I have been complimented by friends on the design and how cool it looks in a mini maglite. I guess I was just a little frustrated before because I still sucked at focusing and learning where the best point was by moving the laser closer or further from the object AFTER focusing it as best as humanly possible. I can even ignite a RED strike anywhere match which is impressive since if it is red it reflects only red lite. I feel very pleased, I can only imagine how much better I will get as time goes on. Thanks for a great product, I am starting to piece some things together on how much I love it for a review. Sorry again about my frustration, this thing rocks. I also love how it points to the stars and the beam is visible in the dark, I have now impressed so many people, I tell them all where I got my laser, nitroxlasers.com. You should make stickers and send them out with your product. That would be some advertising especially when people get a demonstration, I would hand them out.

Thanks,
Dave

Most of the responsed regarding our products have been like this. Please do check out our site, nitroxlasers.com, to see what we're all about!

Crossfire, if you check out the link to our store, at the top of the page, you'll see that the laser depicted on our front page (240mw MiniMag) actually only costs $117 at this time. [nitroxlasers.com/shop]

Also, I've attached a picture of the other burning laser that we offer on our site, the Dorcy Jr. edition (240 -or- 350 mw), with driver.

Attachments

• dorcy1_2.jpg
    dorcy1_2.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 113

Kenom

yeah it's still a thrown together home made laser. If your going to take the time to build a laser at least make it look like it's not something jammed into a flashlight housing. Your over driver the laser diodes, customers will fry them quicker and will complain sooner. I'm just not impressed. The only thing that would impress me is if you show me a 350mw that can handle 24 hours straight.

Kenom,

First of of, I'd like you to know that I appreciate your insight and respect you for all of your contributions to this wonderful community. I have read many of your posts and seen some of your videos, and I hold you in a very high regard...

However, I do disagree with your statement about my lasers being "thrown together." Even my initial batch of 240mw Maglite lasers was built using pressed Sony 16x diodes with heatsink compound, and everything was securely positioned using rubber grommets that were custom cut to set everything in its proper place.

Now, the newer Dorcy Jr.s that I'm working on now have the diodes actually soldered onto a constant current driver within the housing, which is then soldered onto the spring inside the flashlight. The original driver is also removed, to prevent excess heat buildup caused by the (laser) driver, and to bring the input current down to a safe and acceptable voltage.

Although I've never actually tested any of these for 24 hours straight, it doesn't really seem like anyone would really NEED to keep a burning laser pointer for such a duration. If you're aware of the practicality of this, please let me know. The Dorcy model does, however, easily run for 3-4 minutes at a time without even heating up. If you'd like to better examine this device, I'd be more than happy to send you a demo for testing and review.

Please PM me or send an email to sales _at_ nitroxlasers.com if you'd like to discuss this further.

- Justin

I'm a little unsure of how you are running these pulsed and CW at the same time??? Or is it one or the other? Also, which meter are you using to test the power output? Maybe a video of showing each of the 3 models being tested with a reputable meter would ease some concerns. I actually think a 30 day guarantee for one of these is a good thing for the people that are too nervous to attempt a Kipkay hack themselves, and would rather pay to have someone do it...

Kenom

My biggest object in running it 24 hours or even for an extended period of time is to get some kind of clue of the longevity of your laser. If your driving the laser diode so hot that it will end up blowing up withing a short amount of time then your looking at a product that will die in the customers hands withing a few short months. I used to make lasers rated waaaay above what was a good lifetime for the laser diodes and got bitten in the ass by returns when customers lasers ended up dying. You have no passive heatsinking in any of hte lasers other than the aixiz module and at these power levels it's just not sufficient. Even my dorcy jr's with the heatsinks connecting the module to the head of the flashlight wasn't sufficient.

If you want me to review your lasers I sure will do it and ship them back to you. I do warn you, I have a very critical eye and nothing short of spectacular will cause me to take notice. I will not however go into the review with a decision. I will give your product the benefit of the doubt and look without any preconceptions. So, if you really feel your laser can pass the mustard ship in on...

Milos

my first thought as well:

"[highlight]This device operates at the 650nm wavelength, with a power rating of 240mw (pulsed) / 120-160mw (CW)[/highlight]."

&

"[highlight]This device operates at the 650nm wavelength, with a power rating of 350mw (pulsed) / 300+mw (CW)[/highlight]."

Are you offering these as CW or Pulsed?

I'm skeptical I must say. Are these power ratings of your lasers taken from diode spec sheet , or you actually test these lasers with laser power meter?

you market them at 240mw those are the pulsed rating of the diodes can i review one for you?

All these crap hey kid Justin your fraudster person
Beside all these lasers are garbage