Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

237 mw handheld 650nm

S

SenKat

The results are in - Glowtorch has some GOOOOOD stuff !  237mw over 10 second test after running for 5 minutes, tested with Coherent LaserCheck !  AWESOME !!!!  It is advertised as 200mw....HIGH QUALITY product !

Re: 232 mw handheld 650nm

how have you determined that the lasercheck is accurate?

S

SenKat

Re: 232 mw handheld 650nm

randall158 said:
how have you determined that the lasercheck is accurate?

I checked a handful of <5mw 650nm pointers - all read accurate
I checked an Aries <175mw certifeid by laserglow - came up identical - DEAD ON with the power chart from them.
I checked my <50mw 532nm Ebayser (New Wish) and it read 47mw
I checked my <200mw SikLaser module - came up at 217mw

Oh yeah - and it was calibrated by Coherent on 12-18-2006 :cool:

Oh yeah, baby - cookin with oil now !

My DISSAPOINTING Wicked Lasers <95mw Nexus turned out to be WAY <95mw...average reading of 51mw of 532nm light

well - damned glad I bought this sucker second hand - I would be pretty hacked if I had to send that dang hting back to WL for RMA.

if more people had access to a lasercheck it would probably scare crap out of vendors. how easy it would be to sell thousands of dollars in lasers and make an extra 10 to 40 percent more profit by overstating the lasers power. remember the ethics of some vendors need to be examined.

S

SenKat

randall158 said:
if more people had access to a lasercheck it would probably scare crap out of vendors. how easy it would be to sell thousands of dollars in lasers and make an extra 10 to 40 percent  more profit by overstating the lasers power. remember the ethics of some vendors need to be  examined.

I will check anyone's laser for them - include 2-way shipping, and whatever you want for my time - I can check it - and send video of the check...Might save some grief, and get refunds when possible !