Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

2019-nCoV - VERY CRITICAL SITUATION. !DANGER!

Coonie

You can keep your city water who knows what they add to it
I looked up the official website for my local areas water source and even they admit to not drinking too much of it

RedCowboy

I have been drinking bottled water for years now, 4 bucks for 24 bottles is well worth having it in my fridge cold and clean too boot.
Have also filled up the bathtub from time to time and noticed the water isn't always clear.

Cyparagon

...city water who knows what they add to it
Um, a lot of people know what they add to it. If you actually want to know, it's public knowledge. I hope you're not condescendingly peddling a conspiracy theory that somehow billions of people are continually being intentionally poisoned by governmental organizations without showing symptoms.

Lifetime17

LPF Site Supporter
Um, a lot of people know what they add to it. If you actually want to know, it's public knowledge. I hope you're not condescendingly peddling a conspiracy theory that somehow billions of people are continually being intentionally poisoned by governmental organizations without showing symptoms.
Hi Cyp,
Really now.... nobody said anything about poisoning , conspiracy etc..
Rich:)

lasersbee

Just a follow up....
In Post #695 I linked to a UVC LED that I bought a few of.
Yesterday I powered one up at a constant current of 24mA.
I checked the power output by placing it near my 818T10
thermopile head LPM so that most of it's output hit the 3/4"
dia. sensor ( about 1/2" away ).

It actually output 4mW even though the specs state using
20mA to get 2-5mW.

@rich... I also live in the country.. A lot of people here are on
wells (as am I) and many use UCV light sterilizers on their well
water system. It is basically the same as used in Air to sterilize
surfaces.

Jerry

Bob_Boyce

UVC is not as effective on a virus with a nominal cross-section of around 80nm... UVB would be more appropriate. Just thought I should mention that point. Laters.

RedCowboy

UVA, UVB or UVC ..............

Last edited:

Alaskan

LPF Site Supporter
Here is a link to a YT video regarding chemical disinfectants.

https://youtu.be/kLWBG_fbJR0

I could have swore UVB was the spectrum to use for virus, but looking at the UV bulb (which also produces ozone) I bought to install inside a box to disinfect masks, it is indeed UVC. I did the research three months ago and bought what I needed.

I had confused the virus killing UVC spectrum with another UV spectrum of light which we use to produce vitamin D3 in our bodies to help our immune system fight COVID; UVB. If you get whole body (well, one side facing) exposure to UVB light from the sun for only 20 minutes, if white, your body should produce enough vitamin D to help fight off COVID.

If you are critically low on this vitamin and you get COVID you have a much higher chance of serious medical problems in your lungs and even a significantly higher chance of death (if you have comorbidities, or are in the at risk age group). What to believe regarding dosage? Some nutritionists recommend the minimum amount of D3 we should each get is 400 IU a day, but for healthy patients many doctors recommend 4000, 5000 and even as high as 10,000 IU (250 micrograms) as a daily dose.

For myself, I'm taking 5000 IU a day but if you are critically low right now, I'd start with a higher dose to more quickly build up the levels in your blood. Talk to your doctor and get a blood test to see where you are, but be advised, doctors thoughts on the proper amount of vitamin D3 vary. A friend of mine who has low D3 in her blood just had a prescription to take 50,000 IU of D3 once a week. This vitamin is fat soluble and due to this can be taken weekly in larger amounts, instead of smaller amounts each day.

Is 10,000 IU of vitamin D3 once a day too much to take? See: https://youtu.be/gjJdzHIwDDU - The doctor in this video did not mention it, but if taking large amounts of D3, be sure to also take vitamin K2 as MK7 along with it, K2 works with D3 to make sure the calcium in your body is deposited where you need it, and D3 makes that happen. Also, vitamin A helps both D3 and K2 work together more efficiently.

I just received this vitamin which combines Zinc, D3 and K2 from MK7 at the right amounts for what I now need, for months I was taking them in separate pills at up to 10,000 IU of D3 daily, but now I have built up the levels of D3 in my blood, I'm now taking D3 at 5000 IU a day using this single pill which combines three together: https://www.ebay.com/itm/Zinc-Picol...in-D3-Zinc-Picolinate-Supplemens/114231509615

Watch this to understand why Vit. D3 can help with COVID:
- SInce this man made the video, he made another recommending a much higher dose, I believe 2000 IU a day, but if you are low to start out, I think that isn't near enough to rapidly increase the amount of D3 in your blood to the needed amount. See a doctor and get a blood test.

Last edited:

Cyparagon

Ah yes, the old "if 2 shoes help me run fast, 14 shoes will make me run much faster" vitamin argument from the 70s. Laughable. Such a shame it caught on.