Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

2019-nCoV - VERY CRITICAL SITUATION. !DANGER!

Seoul_lasers

It has been on the news for the latter half of the day today. I'm watching an interview with one of the patients right now! I don't know where you get your news.

As for FDA approval, it was granted prior to the study, for the purpose of the study. They said that doctors have the freedom to prescibe it as they wish to.
Interesting... I read the cdc article, but I didn't realize that the trail had started. It hasn't made news here yet. Hopefully we start hearing about it and get this treatment into circulation immediately.

Bob_Boyce

Safety of these drugs are already well known, there are many decades of data collected on hydroxychloroquine. As for efficacy, it is not required to be proven for alternative use in testing. It is not required to kill the virus, it only has to inhibit virus replication to be effective. If the virus cannot replicate, it ceases to shed new virus, and the viri present will die off. It also inhibits the overactive immune response that further damages the lungs. I'm not a virologist, but I am a scientist with some experience in medical research. I have patents for technologies and products that I invented relating to genetics. My most recent patent is for a new technology that would qualify for the "Tricorder X Prize". I assigned the patent rights for that patent to an upstart medical company that put me on the board. We can record the genetic pattern of every living cell in the human body, and map the X/Y/Z coordinants of each. Just by reading the non-hertzian emissions that every cell emits. Multiple scalar antenna are required for this mapping.

Last edited:

Seoul_lasers

Wow, that does look promising.
However here is what is being reported North of the boarder. It kind of confirms what paul1598419 has been saying.
We had this on last night on CBC, Global and CTV channels.

The authors acknowledged that some of the people treated with chloroquine were dropped from the study because they stopped taking it, because their conditions had deteriorated.

Smith has since apologized for the tweet, and any undue anxiety and frustration it may have caused.

In the wake of these promising claims about the drug, Canadian drug company JAMP Pharma Group announced plans Monday to donate one million doses to Canadian hospitals as a treatment for COVID-19.

That move sparked a stern warning from the country’s chief public health officer, Dr. Theresa Tam.

“People have to be really, really careful about this. Don’t do it,” Tam said in a briefing Monday.

The CDC said there is no available data from randomized clinical trials to inform the use of hydroxychloroquine against the novel coronavirus.

Using untested medication might not only be ineffective against COVID-19, it could also be dangerous, as all drugs come with side effects, Tam said.

“We need the evidence before you can provide medication to people,” Tam said.

“It is absolutely essential that you do science based treatment.”

Earl Brown, an emeritus professor of virology with the University Ottawa, said the drug works by lowering the acidity inside cells, making it more difficult for the virus to get in.

In a lab setting it works against several strains of virus, he said, but it hasn’t been proven for use in patients with COVID-19.

He said it should be used with caution under the best circumstances.

“The daily dose is around a gram, and a dangerous dose is around two grams,” he said, adding that you don’t typically want the optimal dose and the dangerous dose to be so close.

“It suggests a bit more risk,” he said, which can include death.

Other side effects include blurred vision, nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramps, headache, and diarrhea. Long-term use can cause vision loss. Other drugs have generally taken over from chloroquine as go-to malaria treatments.

Health officials in Nigeria, where chloroquine is more fairly widely available, have reported overdoses in the last few days.

Still, chloroquine is one of a “vast suite” of drugs identified by the World Health Organization that merits further testing, Tam said.

Canada is part of a massive global study started by the WHO to look into the use of chloroquine and other pre-existing drugs that could be repurposed as potential treatments for COVID-19.

The other treatments being evaluated are:

–Remdesivir, a drug that attacks some viruses’ ability to replicate
–Ritonavir/lopinavir, a drug pair developed to fight HIV
–Ritonavir/lopinavir combined with interferon-beta, which affects the body’s inflammation response

Tam said she’s impressed with the large-scale randomized clinical trials. She said it’s simple to sign patients up, and the results can be analyzed in real time.

This report by The Canadian Press was first published March 23, 2020.

Last edited:

Bob_Boyce

The protocol dosage is hydroxychloroquine, 200mg twice a day/Azithromycin, 250mg twice a day. 2 grams of hydroxychloroquine would be way too much and could lead to severe side effects rather quickly. Even at the protocol dosage, 30 days maximum is the recomended limit. To inhibit virus replication, 200mg once a day should be adequate for the uninfected. That would extend the timeframe that it can be taken. Everyone is different, so these are generalizations based upon past regimines used to prevent malaria infections in some countries,

Seoul_lasers

The protocol dosage is hydroxychloroquine, 200mg twice a day/Azithromycin, 250mg twice a day. 2 grams of hydroxychloroquine would be way too much and could lead to severe side effects rather quickly. Even at the protocol dosage, 30 days maximum is the recomended limit. To inhibit virus replication, 200mg once a day should be adequate for the uninfected. That would extend the timeframe that it can be taken. Everyone is different, so these are generalizations based upon past regimens used to prevent malaria infections in some countries,
I think the point is that while Hydroxychloroquine is approved, it isn't for COVID-19. There has been conflicting reports from the US on this and our top doctor has strongly advised against using it due to significant side effects.

The last group of drugs are however, are being considered - ( including the HIV AIDS drug, Ritonavir/lopinavir)

Arizona man dies after self-medicating with chloroquine to treat coronavirus
(CNN) — A Phoenix-area man is dead and his wife is under critical care after the two took chloroquine phosphate in an apparent attempt to self-medicate for the novel coronavirus, according to hospital system Banner Health.
Chloroquine has been touted by President Donald Trump as a possible treatment for Covid-19, but it's also "an additive commonly used at aquariums to clean fish tanks," Banner Health said in a statement. Chloroquine is approved by the Food and Drug Administration for treating malaria, lupus and rheumatoid arthritis. But the FDA has not approved it to treat the coronavirus.
Banner Health experts emphasized that the medication -- as well as other "inappropriate medications and household products" -- "should not be ingested to treat or prevent this virus."
"Given the uncertainty around COVID-19, we understand that people are trying to find new ways to prevent or treat this virus," Dr. Daniel Brooks, Banner Poison and Drug Information Center medical director, said in the statement. "But self-medicating is not the way to do so."
Banner Health, which is based in Arizona, didn't give any details on how the couple, both in their 60s, acquired the chloroquine or which Banner hospital treated them.
However, according to the statement, "within thirty minutes of ingestion, the couple experienced immediate effects requiring admittance to a nearby Banner Health hospital."
Chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine: what to know about the potential coronavirus drugs
Trump has called chloroquine, and the closely-related hydroxychloroquine, potential game changers in the fight against Covid-19.
"HYDROXYCHLOROQUINE & AZITHROMYCIN, taken together, have a real chance to be one of the biggest game changers in the history of medicine," he
tweeted Saturday.
Some early research suggests the drug could be useful against the virus. However, Trump's comments have prompted health officials to warn that further study is needed.
Dr. Anthony Fauci, the nation's top infectious disease expert, has said the drugs may be effective against the novel coronavirus. However, he told CBS' Margaret Brennan on Sunday that Trump had heard about the hydroxychloroquine and azithromycin combination's effectiveness from anecdotal reports.
"I...have said I'm not disagreeing with the fact anecdotally they might work, but my job is to prove definitively from a scientific standpoint that they do work," Fauci, who serves on the White House coronavirus task force, said.
Your coronavirus questions answered
In Nigeria, health officials issued a warning about chloroquine, saying three people in the country have overdosed on the drug after Trump endorsed it as a potential treatment.
Banner Health said it is "strongly urging" health care providers not to prescribe chloroquine to patients who aren't hospitalized.
"The last thing that we want right now is to inundate our emergency departments with patients who believe they found a vague and risky solution that could potentially jeopardize their health," Brooks said.

Last edited:

Bob_Boyce

That is sad that they chose to self-medicate without proper guidance. The danger of overdose complications is well documented, and with that drug, more is NOT better. A friend of mine, a flight attendent, told me that United had advised crew members flying into locations where Malaria is prevalent are advised to "dose up" (5 tablets) on cloroquine prior to those flights. I advised against it of course. This is the same airline that prevents flight attendents from wearing protective masks during flights because it might frighten passengers.

paul1598419

It has been on the news for the latter half of the day today. I'm watching an interview with one of the patients right now! I don't know where you get your news.

As for FDA approval, it was granted prior to the study, for the purpose of the study. They said that doctors have the freedom to prescibe it as they wish to.
The FDA doesn't approve treatments before they study them. There are currently 69 candidates of drugs that may be approved by the FDA after a protocol trial. Why do we do things this way? One major reason was thalidomide. In the 1950s and 1960s Germany approved thalidomide for use as a sedative without testing it in pregnant women. Many babies were born there with major birth defects during that time because of that mistake. Thalidomide was never approved in the US.

Are you saying that you were infected and then cured along with 349 other persons in just four days in a phase one protocol trial? That makes no sense. Didn't you also say you were a candidate for the first protocol on a vaccine? No one would put you on booth as any side effects couldn't be assigned to one or the other. Even today, there is no news of any approved drug for treatment of this viral disease or as prophylaxis either. Things never move that fast in any protocol trial.

Bob_Boyce

The FDA doesn't approve treatments before they study them. There are currently 69 candidates of drugs that may be approved by the FDA after a protocol trial. Why do we do things this way? One major reason was thalidomide. In the 1950s and 1960s Germany approved thalidomide for use as a sedative without testing it in pregnant women. Many babies were born there with major birth defects during that time because of that mistake. Thalidomide was never approved in the US.

Are you saying that you were infected and then cured along with 349 other persons in just four days in a phase one protocol trial? That makes no sense. Didn't you also say you were a candidate for the first protocol on a vaccine? No one would put you on booth as any side effects couldn't be assigned to one or the other. Even today, there is no news of any approved drug for treatment of this viral disease or as prophylaxis either. Things never move that fast in any protocol trial.
I said neither of those things. I volunteered for the study. My doctor contacted the FDA and was told that he could enroll me in the study, but I needed to be tested. I had to drive to Chattanooga for the test. Because I was enrolled, they fast tracked the lab work on my test. 4 days later, I was cleared to begin. I did not sign up for testing of the several vaccines and treatments that are now being tested. I chose the hydroxychloroquine protocol because I had been prescribed it before for Rheumatoid Arthritis, with no side effects. I was prescribed the hydroxychloroquine and the azithromycin, given the protocol, and began the protocol. Today is the last day, unless I wish to continue the protocol on my own. I only have to take 1 tablet every couple of days to continue the protection against infection.

While hydrochloroquine is a virus replication inhibitor, it is also looked at as a protection against infection. If I get exposed to live virus, it will not be able to replicate wildly and infect me. My immune system, boosted by the azithromycin, will build antibodies and fight the invaders. I have had to go to the hospital daily to have my vitals checked and blood drawn. The blood and statistical data was sent by them to where it is being collected and analyzed. I am not in the loop for that data. My position allows me access to the data if I want it, but I've spent enough time in DC. My technology was tested at Walter Reed, and we hired an ex-patent office investigator to write the patent application.

The hydroxychloroquine study has been on TV today too. VP Pence was talking about it, and so was President Trump. The majority of the participants in phase one as you mentioned, were those infected people in New York. VP Pence said it today, that it was phase one. On to the next phase I guess.

As for the drug approval, both drugs in the protocol are already fully FDA approved drugs. So ANY medical doctor can prescribe it in the US. They are free to do so now. What do you not understand about that.

Bob

Last edited:

paul1598419

Chloroquine with or without Azithromycin does not inhibit viral replication. Both drugs have some anti-inflammatory properties. This is the rational for using them. It is true that because both of these drugs are already approved by the FDA for other uses someone might prescribe them off label for other uses. There are some in vitro studies that they may inhibit viral replication, but so does alcohol and bleach. That doesn't mean they will inhibit viral replication in vivo. In vitro applicants rarely do.

Bob_Boyce

I suggest you dust off your trusty microscope and take a look for yourself. As you can see from my profile and prior posts, I used one of mine for taking photos of laser dies in operation. I used to have members send me their damaged laser diodes and I would post photos of the damage to the dies. My equipment has improved greatly with the influx of funds made possible by the royalties from sales of my patented products.

Last edited:

Seoul_lasers

I said neither of those things. I volunteered for the study. My doctor contacted the FDA and was told that he could enroll me in the study, but I needed to be tested. I had to drive to Chattanooga for the test. Because I was enrolled, they fast tracked the lab work on my test. 4 days later, I was cleared to begin. I did not sign up for testing of the several vaccines and treatments that are now being tested. I chose the hydroxychloroquine protocol because I had been prescribed it before for Rheumatoid Arthritis, with no side effects. I was prescribed the hydroxychloroquine and the azithromycin, given the protocol, and began the protocol. Today is the last day, unless I wish to continue the protocol on my own. I only have to take 1 tablet every couple of days to continue the protection against infection.

While hydrochloroquine is a virus replication inhibitor, it is also looked at as a protection against infection. If I get exposed to live virus, it will not be able to replicate wildly and infect me. My immune system, boosted by the azithromycin, will build antibodies and fight the invaders. I have had to go to the hospital daily to have my vitals checked and blood drawn. The blood and statistical data was sent by them to where it is being collected and analyzed. I am not in the loop for that data. My position allows me access to the data if I want it, but I've spent enough time in DC. My technology was tested at Walter Reed, and we hired an ex-patent office investigator to write the patent application.

The hydroxychloroquine study has been on TV today too. VP Pence was talking about it, and so was President Trump. The majority of the participants in phase one as you mentioned, were those infected people in New York. VP Pence said it today, that it was phase one. On to the next phase I guess.

As for the drug approval, both drugs in the protocol are already fully FDA approved drugs. So ANY medical doctor can prescribe it in the US. They are free to do so now. What do you not understand about that.

Bob
I guess that's where my confusion is still,
hydroxychloroquine is NOT approved at all for use for COVID-19 by the CDC and our own top doctor has even clearly stated that on National TV just a few moments ago. No doctor worth their salt would prescribe it, violating the CDC's own recommendation on this drug.
Then I see the mixed messages being sent by the US media outlets and by Pres.Trump.

Hydroxychloroquine is quite capable of severe respiratory effects as well as psychosis. It is nothing to treat without extreme caution.

I give up.... whats true?

Bob_Boyce

I guess that's where my confusion is still,
hydroxychloroquine is NOT approved at all for use for COVID-19 by the CDC and our own top doctor has even clearly stated that on National TV just a few moments ago. No doctor worth their salt would prescribe it, violating the CDC's own recommendation on this drug.
Then I see the mixed messages being sent by the US media outlets and by Pres.Trump.

Hydroxychloroquine is quite capable of severe respiratory effects as well as psychosis. It is nothing to treat without extreme caution.

I give up.... whats true?
I agree. What is NOT being discussed is WHY?

Why is the greater focus on new drugs developed by big pharma? A decades old generic cannot be patented. It will take years for the trials to be completed on those new drugs. While hydrochloroquine already has much of the data collected, there is much less money to be made in its use to treat a whole lot of people. So there will be a huge push from many directions to try to block its use. I am not driven by the pharma industry. My interest is the largest bang for the buck for the public, and speed in getting it to the people that need it. Obviously it has risks, which is why there is so much opposition to its use. But I feel this has more to do with opposition by big pharma than it has to do with real concerns over a decades old drug that has gathered so much data on how it can be used safely. Protocols need to be followed, and idiots killing themselves by overdosing themselves will be exploited to try to block its use.

Bob

RedCowboy

Last edited:

GSS

Found this message to me a little funny, although true.
Laying low iv'e been buying pennie roles on ebay. This is from a seller who is a Doctor. On top of this on his paper invoice he's always warning me to take precautions and tells me he's working non stop now.
Yes it's good advertising, but he's telling to have 2 months minimum of "meds" and supplys.
This from a man selling bills and coins.

Attachments

Bob_Boyce

I've also been buying US numismatic coins, as well as gold and silver coins. There was an announcement from the FDA today.

I've been saying it for days, but they announced it on the news a bit ago that they have approved the hydroxychloroquine/azithromycin protocol for use against COVID-19. I know Paul will deny it, but watch the news for yourselves...

GSS

A bit of track but you obviously have seen that China is now invading the US with fake copys of rare coins like a 43 copper penny:mad:.
I'm reading that they fool even the advanced coin collectors and need 3rd or 4th party experts.