Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

2019-nCoV - VERY CRITICAL SITUATION. !DANGER!

paul1598419

Any modulation of the immune system during an infection is a bad idea. Some physicians in China used glucocorticoids, steroids, to reduce inflammation. This works in the short run, but reduces the bodies response to fight the virus. You can win the battle, but lose the war by doing this.

RedCowboy

Any modulation of the immune system during an infection is a bad idea. Some physicians in China used glucocorticoids, steroids, to reduce inflammation. This works in the short run, but reduces the bodies response to fight the virus. You can win the battle, but lose the war by doing this.
I trust the doctors who are saving lives infinitely more than anything you say paul, I am in favor of and support saving lives by any means in the fight against this China virus and I love that Trump has given the terminally ill the right to try, but I wonder about your motivation, I have read what you have written and many times it appears you are rooting for the China virus as you think it will hurt Trumps chances.

Even early on when most everyone was concerned you were downplaying this China virus, you said you were unconvinced, that it was not as bad as ebola, sars, or mers and that you didn't think it would become a pandemic, but as soon as the left started laying blame at Trumps feet you did an about face.

Last edited:

paul1598419

You don't have to take my word for it. You can do a Google search and find this information for yourself. I just happened to be studying viruses in the 1990s at CU Denver. That is where I got my information.

RedCowboy

I remain unconvinced that you blanket statement is applicable here as the results have been improved recovery and rapid relief of severe symptoms, I think the doctors can find the right balance of benefits vs. risks and as they have hands on today vs. your ancient study I am willing to bet todays doctors actively treating patients know better than you and I am very satisfied that Trump has given them the right to try rather than just wait to die.

paul1598419

Hydroxycholoquine and Chloroquine are not inconsequential drugs. They have been supplanted as antimalarial's as they are no longer effective against that. They do have very consequential side effects as anyone who took them for malarial prophylaxis can attest to. Hopefully, any physician planning on using one of these will do it as part of a protocol as this is the only way to do this. I'm sure you can find a doctor willing to prescribe it prophylactically, but that could easily deplete remaining stocks should it turn out to be both effective and safe for these patients.

There really is only very limited anecdotal evidence that these might be effective. None as far as safety goes.

diachi

Hydroxycholoquine and Chloroquine are not inconsequential drugs. They have been supplanted as antimalarial's as they are no longer effective against that. They do have very consequential side effects as anyone who took them for malarial prophylaxis can attest to. Hopefully, any physician planning on using one of these will do it as part of a protocol as this is the only way to do this. I'm sure you can find a doctor willing to prescribe it prophylactically, but that could easily deplete remaining stocks should it turn out to be both effective and safe for these patients.

There really is only very limited anecdotal evidence that these might be effective. None as far as safety goes.
Side effects gotta be better than dying from COVID19

Seoul_lasers

Whatever works at his point is better than nothing I guess. Looking at the rate of spread, The US is just less than a week away from completely losing control of this virus. Last last thing the world needs is an Italy 2.0.

Stop bickering and get to work.... This is the absolute worst time to be attacking each other. Focus on containment --- it is a non-partisan issue.

If you look at the crisis in Italy, this is exactly the situation the US will be in approximately a weeks time unless all states impose martial law and enforced confinement. The danger to everyone is far too great. If the situation gets out of control the entire world is looking at a full on depression taking years to recover. Italy is fighting for its life right now -- hopefully the US can at least take note.

Last edited:

Bob_Boyce

Fauci just clarified his position last night on chloroquine/hydroxychloroquine. He said that he did not say that it was not worth trying, or would not work. He wants to wait and see how effective it is or is not, in actual testing here in the USA. Its primary function is in preventing virus replication. If a virus cannot replicate, it soon dies out.

I signed up for the study yesterday, as one who has been tested to not be infected, to provide data. I've taken it before, for rheumatoid arthritis. This will be done using the multidrug protocol developed. I started my first doses at noon yesterday.

Last edited:

paul1598419

Side effects gotta be better than dying from COVID19
Death is a side effect. From what I've been able to gather so far, it is only the drug Hydroxychloroquine that is of interest. There is some very light anecdotal evidence that it may help in keeping people who are asymptomatic from shedding it. But, it's too soon to know. I know that two drugs used for HIV have been shown to be useless against this and have been abandoned. That is why the protocol testing is so important. There's no point in harming patients throwing useless drugs at it that have bad side effects of their own.

Bob_Boyce

In the chloroquine/zithromax treatments performed in France, they tested it on patients that they knew would die if nothing else was done. Others with severe ARDS were dying in the same hospital. Those initial test patients recovered, most within 3 days. They have had similar results with patients treated since then. I fully understand the need for testing here in the US, which is why I volunteered. I have already had experience taking chloroquine, and zithromax, seperately, for different reasons, with no complications. I was willing to take them together, according to this protocol, if it helps with the study. If it kills me, so be it. I've lived a full life and I am at peace with it, if it helps to further the science that could potentially save others. Just like I have been jumped on by friends and family for "wasting my money" on buying protective equipment to donate to the medical personel at the hospitals in my area. Money can be replaced or replenished, lives saved are priceless!

Bob

paul1598419

Interesting. Zithromax is an antibiotic used against protozoans. They are cellular organisms, not viruses. Stuff like Staphylococcus Aureus. I wonder how they managed to find this combination to test. Not two drugs you would normally see anyone on at the same time.

Bob_Boyce

Results are already in on my day 4 of the protocol... 350 patients in New York, suffering from the ARDS associated with COVID-19 were treated with the protocol. All 350 have recovered, not a single death or complication. All were able to breathe normally within 4 hours of being administered their first dose! So far, my condition has not changed, other than running a mild fever the first day after starting my protocol. My normal temperature is 97.6 F, the high the day after starting the protocol was 99.5 F. The following day, I was back to my normal 97.6 F. The protocol only requires 6 days of use instead of the normal full 30 days. Those tested in France were tested to be virus free in 3 to 6 days. Those 350 in New York are home. In 2 days my protocol is finished. Not being infected, I really did not expect any change in my health...

The FDA is going to permanently approve the alternate use of the hydroxychloroquine/zithromycin protol for widespread use in the US. It was already FDA temporarily permitted to be prescribed for this use prior to the opening of testing.

Bob

Last edited:

paul1598419

NO IT WASN"T! The FDA said just today that there are no approved medications for the covid19 virus infections. How could all the patients in a cohort protocol test of 350 people be free of the disease in just 4 days? If that were the case it would be on every national news outlet everywhere. That's just nonsense. I'm sick of people giving false information about treatments for this disease. Bet you got one of those test kits online.

These protocols take months. If you are in one now you are in phase one. That is usually small and is primarily looking at safety. Then there are two more phases that use larger and larger numbers to study safety and efficacy.

Seoul_lasers

NO IT WASN"T! The FDA said just today that there are no approved medications for the covid19 virus infections. How could all the patients in a cohort protocol test of 350 people be free of the disease in just 4 days? If that were the case it would be on every national news outlet everywhere. That's just nonsense. I'm sick of people giving false information about treatments for this disease. Bet you got one of those test kits online.

These protocols take months. If you are in one now you are in phase one. That is usually small and is primarily looking at safety. Then there are two more phases that use larger and larger numbers to study safety and efficacy.
I am quite confused by the reports as well... interesting we are getting so many alternative facts floating around. Scary stuff.

Bob_Boyce

It has been on the news for the latter half of the day today. I'm watching an interview with one of the patients right now! I don't know where you get your news.

As for FDA approval, it was granted prior to the study, for the purpose of the study. They said that doctors have the freedom to prescibe it as they wish to.