Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

2019-nCoV - VERY CRITICAL SITUATION. !DANGER!

Seoul_lasers

To anyone receiving parcels from overseas ( especially China) I urge you to take IMMEDIATE precautions to prevent exposing yourself to this potentially
lethal virus.

In the last 24hrs this virus has managed to mutate yet again and now has the same airborne transmissibility of that of SARS. It is becoming deadlier by the hour.
This situation has already well surpassed the numbers in total infections of the original SARS Corona Virus and MERS combined.

If you question my report above, I have have 5 ex-students - all of which confirm the leaked youtube videos below from the hospitals there.

As you can imagine this is a rapidly escalating/ evolving situation.

PLEASE SANITIZE ANYTHING you get from overseas. Surfaces etc...
Viruses might not be able to live long on surfaces.

DON'T CHANCE IT!

Symptoms of infection are

• Fever ( 100-104F) very high temperature
  • Cough - Deep Achy Cough - Think - bronchitis
  • Shortness of breath - unable to get enough oxygen (dizzy, seeing stars...)
Kidney failure, and heart failure are leading cases or mortality.

In memorandum: Dr.Liang Wudong - Passed away ~17hrs ago in Hubei hospital from accidental exposure to the virus.
May his legacy to fight this virus be remembered.

1580119444284.png

Please take careful note of what is being said in the video. Let it sink in!

Last edited:

Seoul_lasers

Last edited:

GSS

Now you have me searching my place for this small bubble package with some DC motor plastic gears that came 2 days ago from China.
Maby sitting in a cold storage facility for weeks helped a bit:unsure:

CurtisOliver

LPF Site Supporter
I’m going to be honest and say that having parcels coming from China didn’t even cross my mind. Luckily I don’t think I or my family have anything on its way from there. But thanks for the serious warning. The school where I work is about to receive Chinese visitors. I seriously hope they’ve been screened before being allowed into English schools.

paul1598419

Viruses like these don't live for long periods of time in the air or on surfaces. If it has been a week your chances of becoming infected, even from someone who was sick who handled the parcel are slim to none. I wouldn't get people paranoid about weeks old packages causing infection as this is not proved out, at all, by the evidence. Often the panic from people's perceptions are more harmful than the situation dictates. This is coming from my post grad work in the 90s on viruses.

Seoul_lasers

Viruses like these don't live for long periods of time in the air or on surfaces. If it has been a week your chances of becoming infected, even from someone who was sick who handled the parcel are slim to none. I wouldn't get people paranoid about weeks old packages causing infection as this is not proved out, at all, by the evidence. Often the panic from people's perceptions are more harmful than the situation dictates. This is coming from my post grad work in the 90s on viruses.
At this point I'll agree that packages are probably not capable of supporting this virus ( especially after several days) it doesn't hurt to double check your parcel is clean...
We never know what is inside a mail sorting facility...

However, I am very concerned about how fast this has spread and how the Chinese Government has been constantly downplaying the seriousness of the infection numbers. Ex-students have been blogging carefully via VPN regarding their eye witness accounts. They post intermittently to avoid detection, and recently as early AM the government shut down the network to prevent info from getting out. Both the DPRK and Mongolia have now closed their borders with China. Mongolia has suspended school for a month as they are worried about infections there as well.

The numbers being reported don't reflect the reaction from Beijing, DPRK or Mongolia.

paul1598419

I agree. The Chinese have been underwhelming in their response to this. I read this morning that the mayor of Wuhan has offered to resign, but hasn't actually done so. From photos of the city no one is out in the streets and they are only coming out to buy food or go to the hospital. It has gotten very much out ahead of the Chinese government and unless they do something different this could turn out to be very bad as the virus mutates.

Snecho

Jeezus. gonna need to double check my laser when it gets here from China soon.

Hap

Super Moderator
Staff member
Do you guys think this virus is something I should become worried about or is it just something with the potential to cause a lot of deaths if not kept under control, with the media over reporting on it?

Last I heard is that it has officially reached 13 countries, which is pretty scary!

-Alex

paul1598419

There have been three confirmed cases in the US with one right near me in Seattle. So far these have all been people who just got back from Wuhan, the epicenter of infection in China. I am not concerned yet even though there is a case just 25 miles north of where I live.

Seoul_lasers

We now have a cluster of cases in Vancouver. All infected have been to the areas of concern. No surprise. Still... The WHO is NOT on the ground in WuHan so the numbers we are getting are through the Chinese Government which is NOT trustworthy at all.
My ex-students managed to get a report out through their blog early AM their time saying that they think the number is now higher than before, but no numbers to go on at this point.

According to online chatter inside China, many people now voicing their dismay at city officials for not initiating quicker action. Several posts even carefully pointing at over-censorship by state media of real infection numbers, and a few are mentioning that every city in China now is reporting new cases by the minute.

Mosc007

We have 5 cases in Australia. But all 5 cases are people who visited Wuhan in China. No one in Australia has been infected here.

I would not be worried. It's not an infectious virus untill bad symptons appear. That also sounds like it's impossible to get from any other source than an infected person who already has bad symptons.

Seoul_lasers

We have 5 cases in Australia. But all 5 cases are people who visited Wuhan in China. No one in Australia has been infected here.

I would not be worried. It's not an infectious virus untill bad symptons appear. That also sounds like it's impossible to get from any other source than an infected person who already has bad symptoms.
It can be transmitted from someone who isn't showing symptoms just yet as the gestation period can be up to 14 days.
There are quite a number of cases showing this is a fact.
Please don't think for a moment that no one in Australia has been infected yet. Anyone on the same flight, or connecting flights, or in the terminal within 2-3 meters of an infected person could be potential next host. This virus is spread through either direct contact or contact with droplets in the air, again, why this is so contagious.

A little update locally, Chinese Nationals and Chinese Canadians fear racism in Vancouver and lower mainland due to the recent events with this virus. While I understand many people to discriminate based on looks as this virus originated in Asia (specifically WuHan), I hope people wise up and treat everyone equally as suspect.

Do not let your guard down. If you go into public places with large crowds, wear a medical filter mask. It might not be 100% but it's better than nothing.

Youtube video talking about being in WuHan.
Listen carefully and watch translations if you can't understand Mandarin.

Last edited:

RedCowboy

There's a 2 week incubation period and the USA at the moment has no travel restrictions to/from China, yea this could become a flipping disaster.