Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW Wicked Lasers Questions

Primus

Hi everybody,

I was just browsing Wicked Lasers for my first laser, and I stumbled upon the 200mW Green laser. I'm really interested in lasers, and was wondering is this would shine really bright and far in the dark. Can somebody please tell me about how far and bright it would shine? Thanks!

udanis

Hi everybody,

I was just browsing Wicked Lasers for my first laser, and I stumbled upon the 200mW Green laser. I'm really interested in lasers, and was wondering is this would shine really bright and far in the dark. Can somebody please tell me about how far and bright it would shine? Thanks!

I wouldn't recommend not buying from wicked :tsk: :tsk:

As far as you can see, and bright enough to blind you and catch stuff on fire.

Primus

Are you saying I SHOULD or SHOULDN'T buy from wicked? Because it's the cheapest 200mW green I can find.

udanis

Are you saying I SHOULD or SHOULDN'T buy from wicked? Because it's the cheapest 200mW green I can find.

Currently their products are not the best of quality, and same goes for their customer support. Check out o-like.com or rayfoss.com

Primus.

After the arctic episode people have been getting crap quality lasers. I would reccomend staying away from their website. I can give you at least a 90% chance you will wait "at least" a month for your laser. Before all of this "arctic" stuff I would have told you to buy from there.

The "In stock" thing is a lie. Correct me if I am wrong but besides the arctic i dont think anyone has even received any of the "new" lasers. If you are looking for a cheep green o-like and rayfoss are good options. You may also want to check out dealextreme. I am not sure but i think jetlasers has some cheap lasers too. There were a few good reviews about them :)

If you want a quality and up to spec laser i would recommend dragonlasers, optotronics, laserglow, novalasers. I may be forgetting a few but these are good lasers at a higher price.

If you need specify help you can always send a pm or post here.

Thanks,
Jeff

Primus

Alrighty, thanks for the warnings about Wicked Lasers. I was just wondering, it I get the 200mW green from rayfoss, will there be a bright visible beam if I shine it at night? Like an extremely long Light-Saber?

100mw of green will be very visible! I'm not sure how much green you will be getting out of that rayfoss laser but I would assume atleast 125+ green. The rest will be IR. You can ask them to put an IR filter on your laser if you want since it is invisible and is harmful if it comes in direct contact with your eyes but I think you should be okay as long as you are smart enough to keep it pointed in a safe direction or put the beam directly in your eye. Eye safety is a mush when handling your laser so keep them glasses on! Be sure to do some reading on laser safety if you haven't already. You "will" enjoy your laser :)

Thanks,
Jeff

IR filter is very expensive..
but yea that laser is good, focusable and easily seen beam, up to spec power from rayfoss usually with there bigger lasers

wicked lasers has nice pen pointers of high quality
but the important thing is the shipping speed and customer service which they suk at..

Last edited:
IR filters are not expensive. They are only a few dollars for a 1x1mm piece. I don't think rayfoss even charges to have them put on. Though I have never had to ask.

Don't do it! Wicked has always lied about their products. Try:

1) the Jetlasers group buy 200mw
2) the Optronics 150mw laserpen.

Both of those have super high quality divergence. In my opinion divergence is the key quality I look for in a laser. Not too much into the burning but I do love super bright dots at long distances.

Well there 200mw ir filtered laser is like 300 dollars

That's because their normal 200mW puts out 200mW green+IR, while the 200mW IR filtered puts out more, because it has to put out 200mW of green alone, no IR to help it along. Asking to put an IR filter in the normal 200mW will just lower the power, as jeffreythe00 said, but you won't be able to notice it at all because it's just taking out the invisible IR.