Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mw O-Like Greenie Troubles

I received my 200mw o-like adjustable green laser about a month ago and was very impressed until now. I mess with this laser nearly every day and I think I may have damaged it.

I noticed that the beam was starting to seem a bit dimmer than it was I received it. I decided to try charging the battery to see if that would help and noticed something strange. When I placed the battery on the charger, the light remained green but I knew this wasn't right since it hadn't been charged in about a week. I tried switching battery slots and twisting the battery in the charger and finally got the light to turn red. After charging, I put the battery back in and fired it up but with no improvement.

I also notice that as I push the button, there is what I thought was a small initial delay in the beams response that wasn't there before, but later realized that it was the beam quickly brightening from a dimmer state.

I guess my question is does this sound like a problem with the laser or the battery? I wouldn't have even considered the battery if it wasn't for the strange charging mishap.

Thanks for the help!

the green laser uses DPSS...

so I an suspecting the crystal got loose....

TTerbo

Well first thing is first....get yourself a Digital multimeter so you can see how charged your battery is, and test the current

My green starts up in a strange mode too, but within a quarter to a half of a second, it mode-hops to TEM00 and stays there for quite a few minutes.

I have a new battery on the way that should get here today so I will let you know if it was a battery problem.