Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW O-Like dilda Help

Can someone please help.

I was focusing my 200mW old style red from o-like when the head and spring fell out. I can't get the spring back in or the head to fit on

I've heard about using teflon tape but that involves disassembling the laser. How do i get it back in

First check you can fit the lens/head into the laser, the spring is not necesary if you put some teflon tape. If you have lost/damaged the lens, you can always use an acrylic one from any aixiz module.

The head fits into the laser but falls off. The guy at the hardware store was nice enough to try some teflon tape on it but to no avail :(

I might have to return it. I'll probably get a new style one instead.

2duxq92.jpg

There is the image. Susie is sending me some pics on how to reassemble it.

Last edited:
33u934o.jpg

1q3a78.jpg

Is that what you mean? Surely the laser came with a lens. It burned everything fine and could be focused from the size of a big ball to pin sized dot

Yup, it lacks the lens. The lens screws into that piece in front of the laser (that piece you use to focus it) or maybe in this case it were simply glued at it. If you have some aixiz module around you could use it to extract the lens and use it.

How big is the lens. I'll probably be able to find it somewhere.

I assume it can burn or anything without it?

Blord

And the color of this thing is black and not grey like the picture.
Look around the floor for some small black tube.

Iam not sure if the threading is the same or if its the same size but you can order an Aixiz Red glass lens to replace the lost one.

Hopeful some one that has this laser can check if that would be possible.:whistle:

:anyone:

Yes any standard Aixiz lens fits, But a crystal one is better. If you don't have any aixiz module around, (which I guess), you will have to order one, or extract one from another broken laser you could have. This special lenses aren't found in other things that lasers, if you are figuring out where to find one. You could find a cheap aixiz module or a cheap DX one but they have inside plastic lenses (Black plastic threads) that could work, but maybe you have to cut out the back part of the plastic to allow all of the laser light from the diode to pass through the lens, anyway a easy work. But I recomend a metal thread AR coated crystal lens, difference is really visible.

I use that plastic lenses only for storage of modules, anyone that work with modules will have a box full of them around. I usually throw them when I dont need them anymore.

Order some metal ones, and store it safely, so the next time you loose it you have another at hand. For any work is a good practice to have spares around, specially lasers.

Don't worry too much, you haven't ruined your laser, this piece is easy to find/replace, it's the easiest fix, believe me. After all putting the new lens will give you the bonus of some more mw's of power. Don't forget this time to put some teflon tape ;)

Good luck :)

EDIT: I have seen on your sig that you already have a DX 2-5mW Red Module, maybe it have inside a plastic lens if its 12mm diameter...

Last edited: