Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mw O-Like blueray Any thoughts

I just ordered this____http://www.o-like.com/userfiles/image/red%20laser/new.jpg. 200mw adjustable,blueray 405nm 2pc cr2 batteries. I was curious if anyone has one? I know it isnt much but worst case i got a decent host to play with , with my 6x...

**Why cant I put pictures up in my post?

Last edited:

I just ordered this____http://www.o-like.com/userfiles/image/red%20laser/new.jpg. 200mw adjustable,blueray 405nm 2pc cr2 batteries. I was curious if anyone has one? I know it isnt much but worst case i got a decent host to play with , with my 6x.
O-like is a respected company here, so I'd say it will be close to spec.
BTW: double post: click edit>delete the other one.

Last edited:
What other one?..I hope its o.k. My rafoss green 150 is pretty sweet. I cant wait to see this 200,w br

Grix

That's a great price, just a few months ago a 100mW model costed the same!

What other one?..I hope its o.k. My rafoss green 150 is pretty sweet. I cant wait to see this 200,w br
You do realise that you would need about 60 Watts of 405 nm light to equal a 150mW green 532 nm light visibility?

Do not expect tremendous beam of light, like you are having with your green.

However, expect a lot of hours of fun with flourescence, GITD objects, and ofcourse - burning stuff up-front-and-personal :D

200mW bluray will burn though plain white paper without sharpie help. Enough said?

Also, I hope you get the charger for those batteries also, because you cannot charge 3.0V lithiums in 3.7 lithium ion charger.
You will just destroy them.

Two posts down from this one is the exact same post.(the one with 0 reply's)
It's no big deal, I do it all the time. Just delete it.:yh:

Two posts down from this one is the exact same post.(the one with 0 reply's)
It's no big deal, I do it all the time. Just delete it.:yh:
Umm, Mark, there is a difference in two therms.
Post is what I'm writing just now.
THREAD is what I am replying, and the only thing that has replies.

So , you mean delete the thread that is identical?
Only a moderator or admin can do that.

Yes i know how "barely" visible the beam would be. I never expected anymore than, my phr or 6x.If you combined two br lasers would that double the brightness,also or just power?

Yes i know how "barely" visible the beam would be. I never expected anymore than, my phr or 6x.If you combined two br lasers would that double the brightness,also or just power?
When put in simple therms, a laser would need to be around 4x more powerful to appear 2x brighter to a human eye.
Part to optical illusion, part to color and intensive light sensitivity, blah blah blah technical speech I do not even know :D

So no, you would NOT double the brightness.

Can anyone confidently and accurately compare the difference between a 200 mw 405 nm beam and a 200 mw red 650 nm beam? Which on average would be more visible daytime, in a lit room, at night, with smoke, etc...

DJNY

Can anyone confidently and accurately compare the difference between a 200 mw 405 nm beam and a 200 mw red 650 nm beam? Which on average would be more visible daytime, in a lit room, at night, with smoke, etc...

Stop spamming and read through the forum!!
Don´t bump dead threads for NO sense!!

I already purchased the 200mW S1 Sonar from WL, but it is still on backorder, i'm debating cancelling it for the 200mW O-like Blu-ray instead. It is about $15 more but its focusable and i don't think WL comes with a charger (not like that is worth too much). Any thoughts?

well...
i just received this Laser back on Friday...
I'm not overly impressed, but I may have been expecting too much.
the sloppy fit of the focus bezel and the odd artifacts in the projected image have me perplexed.
the projected area looks like a Black Light image of the Lunar Surface with craters/bubbles that move around.
I wish someone with a more educated eye than mine could have a look at this animal.

here is a shot taken from 6' with both a 532nM 5mW gun site laser and the 405nm 200mW O-Like laser. (made a typo in the lasers out put corrected Sunday 08/08/2010)
DSCI0474.jpg

Last edited:
The O-like in discussion here is the 200mW, loosekannonn is the laser you have the 100mW version?

The 405nm wavelength is not bright, its barely visible especially compared to green. I find it amazing how well a 5mW Green works even in the daylight. I have a Viridian Green gun sight and its amazing!