Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

200mW green or 400mW violet

Pigsnibble

I put up one post asking for suggestions and it was a failure, also have a couple of PMs going out for a waterproof DIY build, but don't know how successful either will be given the waterproof issue:

Keeping daytime visibility as a primary need and burn power as secondary, both being waterproof hosts (an absolute need since its an outdoors application):

$119
LZCB - 532nm 200mW Focusable Green Laser Pointer

$119
LZMG - 405nm 400mW Violet Laser Pointer Water Proof

Also, to add to the debate, my intended use is outdoors in the rain (not underwater).

Can I get by with getting a normal host and adding O-rings or teflon tape for basic 'water resistance" ?

Thanks

green would be best for visibility. 405nm lasers are one of the hardest visible wavelengths to see

Pigsnibble

I'm thinking I needed some support on that conclusion as well.

I have completed a week-long whirlwind adventure (aka love affair) with lasers since finding this forum. I have purchased some small ( 5mW) violet, red and green lasers. The green seems to be the most visible and the dogs love it and red as well.

I've blowing my retirement funds on building/flying radio controlled quadcopters, and this has become a new fetish for me.

Thanks for the response !