Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200MW Green Laser Pointers star burn match +Li-ion Battery+charger

Let me start of by saying hello because i am a new member :D

For a while now i have been looking for a laser pointer with atleast 200MW power because i just want to burn stuff ^^
The problem is i either end up on sites i can trust but are to expensive or i end up on sites i do not know i can trust...

so i thought i could better make a account here on a forum specially for laser pointer lovers like me :D

Today i have found this very nice looking 200MW green laser pointer on DHgate.com

but since the price is only 39,90 USD i am not sure if it is trustworthy
i have send the seller an email but i am still waiting for his reply

this is the laser i found

Wholesale 200MW Green Laser Pointers star burn match Li-ion Batterycharger fast free shipped, Free shipping, $35.53-39.9/Piece | DHgate

My question here is...
Is this really a 200MW laser and if anyopne has any experience with this site or this seller can i trust this? ^^

Hello.
As soon as you see MW instead of mW, you can be pretty sure it's a ripoff. No respectable seller/company will offer megawatt :p lasers.
The price is way too low, too.
My advice is to save that money and keep saving until you have enough for lasers made by acknowledged companies like Lazerer and alike, or you end up with a hugely overspecified laser.
This thing probably has 50 mW of power. It even says only focused beam will burn matches. Focused 50 mW will ignite it after waiting for several seconds while holding it perfectly still.
200 mW simply ignites the shit out of matches with parallel beam upon contact, so if you want that, don't waste your time with this thing.
Come on, they're selling "400 MW" for like $22. LOL :D

Don't forget to buy protective goggles, if you don't already have them. You can't burn stuff with 200 mW without them, if you want to watch what you're doing.

Thanks alot for the fast reply!
I thought so that i couldn't trust this site... but i wasn't sure

So it's better to just stick with lazerer or o-like?

The problem is that i live in the netherlands were the highest power output allowed is 1mW
so getting it through costums is tricky that is why i was looking for something cheaper then lazerer because they are really expensive

so if you may have a trustworthy site that sells for lower prices then i would really want to know! :)

Thanks again for the fast reply

Thanks alot for the fast reply!
I thought so that i couldn't trust this site... but i wasn't sure

So it's better to just stick with lazerer or o-like?

The problem is that i live in the netherlands were the highest power output allowed is 1mW
so getting it through costums is tricky that is why i was looking for something cheaper then lazerer because they are really expensive

so if you may have a trustworthy site that sells for lower prices then i would really want to know! :)

Thanks again for the fast reply

I have experience with Lazerer only, so I can't talk about other companies. I don't think they're expensive for the quality of the service/product they offer. If I wanted something cheap, I'd buy something from smugglers in the ads that would probably last for less than a year and then start failing. I wanted something that will last at least few years, so a certified 100 mW laser was enough for the things I wanted to do.

I think you could arrange with Max (the guy in customer service department) to mask your laser with a different sticker, or he could put a 1mW sticker over the true sticker so you could just peel it away. He's really helpful, and I really doubt the customs will notice something is wrong.
It's a shame there are such stupid laws. I'd expect a threshold at 5 mW, not 1. That's quite useless. You can't even point to the sky with 1 mW.

Don't mention it. :)

Last edited: