Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW Blu-ray 6x Kryton Groove Custom Fade

So here it is. My baby months in the making. Nearly double as bright as any of my 803t pointers.

IMG_0150.jpg

IMG_0152.jpg

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_0157.jpg

IMG_0163.jpg

Artix said:
I can't wait until I build mine! (With a 6x :D)

Yep me 2 :)

Very nice choice with anodizing, great build.

Is that fade with polish or just with fade?

brtaman said:
[quote author=Artix link=1223843900/0#2 date=1223845388]

Yep me 2 :)

Very nice choice with anodizing, great build.

Is that fade with polish or just with fade?[/quote]

fade with polish. not sure if they did fades without polish.

Hemlock Mike said:
WOW -- another 6X member  :D
Do you find it needs to warm up a bit?

Mike

i did. had some trouble with it for a bit. actually blew a flexdrive. Not sure how. It worked for a while then just stopped. The diode was still fine but the driver was done. I wonder if it has anything to do with the 2400mAh battery that it runs on.

Anyone know if the flexdrive cant handle that kind of input current?

I have found that if the laser gets cool, it's output is a little low ~~~170 mW. If I warm it in my hand for a few minutes, it gets back up to 220 mW. It's always been that way but maybe I have an "early" diode.

Mike

Attachments

• Blu2_004.jpg
    Blu2_004.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 99

Kenom

Nice build.  I have to say that the blue "whatever" you have to center the spring is ingenious.  I'll be using that in my future builds for sure.  That is, as soon as you identify the blue disk!

IMG_0157.jpg

However.   I notice you have a "secondary" spring going to the side of the barrel for the negative connection.  If I may make a suggestion... solder with a larger "blob" the neg pin to the case of the diode as well.  This will complete your negative connection and make it so that you don't need the additional - input.  Or you can bend the case pin to connect with the neg pin and it will do the same thing.  I brushed over it quickly on my video tutorial.

IMG_0157.jpg

remove #1 and fix it with #2.

now it's only a suggestion and if the thing works well as is, you may wanna leave it. I donno how many times I've got to fix something simple like that and murphy (gotta Fracking hate murphy) puts his laws into my work and I kill something.

*for those not familiar with murphy.  Murphy's law:  If something bad can happen, it will!*

Another great thing you did that needs pointing out to those that will follow you with the Kryton builds is in the picture below you created a "thumb tab" to open the cap.  That is VITAL.  without it once it's closed you'll destroy it trying to open it up.    that's the green arrow pointing to it.  Also I'd recommend cutting along the red line in the pic to increase the diameter of the lens cap so that you can actually get in there and focus it without removing the cap.  not to mention the diameter gets big enough by cutting on the line (and it's there before I drew it and you can see it easily) that the lens will screw right out the hole you created.

IMG_0154.jpg

Great Job and nicely detailed.  You've done an awesome job and even without the suggestions won't detract from it's usefullness and functionality. :)

Ace82

you ass holes! :D I don't want to spend $55! ;D Man, everytime I see these.... and $55 isn't bad price AT ALL especially since it has the red LD too.... Damn it, I'm buyining one. I already have the hosts, heatsinks, and rkcstr drivers.... thanks allot guys! :p

wait.. only 55$ a sled ...

ok.. i need to get a 6x it looks like...

where do i get them???

this would be PERFECT for my scanner..

im all over it.. just requested one..

im making this in to a tec cooled lab monster :)