Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mW 635nm c-mount

Someone really needs to buy this. I just dont have the funds to support buying it right now, but its reallllyyy cool!!! 200mW of 635nm light!!! Anyway, heres the link! I have the bid for up to $35 right now, but it's still under the reserve. Others that the same guy has sold went for right under $100, so I bet the reserve is around 50 or 75 bucks.

here's the link!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&item=170246896133

daguin

jamilm9 said:
it looks hollow.You can see through the middle. :eek:

Yes. It's a C-Mount." It is an "open air" design. Research it.

Peace,
dave

Hate to burst anyone's bubble - but without a datasheet, and confirmation of it's specs - I would steer WELL clear of this ! It is most likely multi-mode - with beam stats that suck horridly. Just my opinion, since there is no data-sheet to research - but it's a logical assumption, based on previous research.

are we talking multi transverse mode or multi longitudinal mode? I dont really care if it's the long. modes :D

transverse may cause issues though :-/

It would definitely be multi-mode - not transverse, this is a diode afterall. Problem with these multi-longitudinal mode diodes is that you get pretty horrible beam specs are far as laser pointers go - expect beam specs 10-20x worse than from a greenie. (the same problem suffered by high power 808nm burning lasers)

well it sure would be nice to see 635nm at that power, it would probably be more orange then red in appearance which would be really nice and bright. (not to mention the burning!)

keeperx said:
where woulf you fund a module to put it in?

You dont. You have to make it yourself. Generally one just mounts the c-mount on a chunk of aluminum with a screw going through the hole. Then just put a lens in front of the emitter and you're set.

CNI portables have C-mount hardware. They tend to be difficult to disassemble, however.

Cyparagon said:
CNI portables have C-mount hardware. They tend to be difficult to disassemble, however.

yeah this would be a cool host if someone had a broken one laying around. The focusing might be a bit of a pain to get figured out, but it would definitely be unique! Especially with 200mW of 635 coming out of it :D :D :D