Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

200mw 405 nm

Hi guys,
Just wanted some quick advice as i'm buying a laser for a friends birthday (i'm a good friend i know ;) )

I once had a rubbish low mw green laser that would pop balloons if we coloured a little black dot on it which we had loads of fun with..

Im looking at getting him the 200mw 405 nm Focus Adjustable Match Lighting Purple Beam Laser Pointer.

Lazerpoint

I really don't know much about lasers just seeking advice.

Will this Pop balloons and burn things easily? or is this just another crappy thing i had before?

Cheers in advance.

It won't look as bright, but it should have enough power.

not too fussed about the brightness as such, just read some of the reviews which some say wont light a match, some say it does...

This might sound really stupid, but they do ship them to the United Kingdom don't they? baring in mind the retarded laws nowadays

Good burn is related to the absorbtion characteristics of the target at the wave length of the optical energy being blasted at it (more critical at lower power levels). A 200 mW blue may not burn a piece of white paper, but if you mark a black spot on the paper, it will probablly burn a hole at the spot (given time). I have a 1.2 W 445nm that will punch righ through a piece of typing paper. The same 405nm mentioned above will probablly burn through a brown paper bag (again given time). It will easily pop a black or blue balloon, will take a lot longer on a light collored one.