Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 quick questions from a newbie

Hello LPF, I just registered and sorry if these are the kind of questions you get all the time, I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

Okay, so the first question is: I have a couple of those ebay 5mw pen style green lasers, here's a picture I found on google:
armlaser.com%2050mw%20green%20laser%20pointer%20black.JPG

Now, the paint on the one that I use regularly has started to scratch off, leaving ugly marks. Is there any way I can protect the paint on the other lasers?

And the 2nd question is:I ordered a 50mw green laser from YourLasers.com, here's the link: Focusable 50mW Green Laser Pointer with Safety Key Lock (1*18650 Included) - Free Shipping
I'm just wondering how safe is YL? I've seen people say that the lasers never came, some people said the shipping was fast and their laser worked great, I just need some kind of confirmation.

Thanks!

Where are you located ? If you are in the USA the site says they will not ship to the USA due to FDA regs.

Zeebit

You should have done your research first before purchasing if you had doubts. IIRC, yourlasers is somehow associated with dealextreme and I dont think that they will ship to the USA. I'm not totally sure about this though.

Thanks guys, and I know it was stupid to blindly purchase from them. I live in Europe however. Anyone know anything about the paint coming off?