Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

2 Blu-Ray Pointers made w/PVC

Here's 2 quick Blu-Ray builds. One is made with 1 1/2 inch PVC pipe, and the other made with 3/4" and 1/2" CPVC pipe. Both are made with PHR-803T's. Had both at over 150mW but turned one down to 110mW.

Attachments

• Picture_002_003.jpg
    Picture_002_003.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 113

Sorry, first pictures Ive posted. What do I have to do to make smaller?

Not much. Besides the aixiz module, I took a sheet of aluminum foil and folded it several times so that it was about 18 inches long and 1 inch wide, and wraped it around the aixiz module very tightly. That gave me about 1/8" or more of aluminum. Whether that is doing very much, I don't know yet. I have not left on very long at one time. I did basicly the same thing on several red burners when I did not have a host, but wanted to build something quickly. I ran those a lot and never had a problem.

Even on broadband this took 2 minutes to load :-[ In future Before uploading:-
In your photo suite....
Open a blank picture window.....File/image choose size 640 X 400
Open the picture you want to post........ edit/select all/copy
Select blank picture.... edit/paste......shrink image to fit..... save as (image name)small

If you have loaded ones that are too big use the modify function on your post (top right corner)
browse for the small picture and insert it.....it will replace the big one.

Regards rog8811

Attachments

• picture_002_003_small.jpg
    picture_002_003_small.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 86

diachi

Al foil is no good for heatsinking :-/ it has lots of air gaps between the layers and causes it to conduct heat worse than a normal block of aluminium.

-Adam