Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1watt Hades-808 Powertest

Aseras

Did this after I did the other video, the 100mw for a minute test.

This is a Laserglow Hades-808 > 1 watt handheld laser. You won't find it on their website. This is a custom unit.

It has a "square" beam, diodes emit a line, not a dot.

http://208.219.69.31/laser/hadespower.wmv

Justin

Good to know you're still happy with the 1W! We weren't exaggerating with those specs, that thing is a real monster! Have you tried putting it through a focusing lens yet? It should be pretty dramatic at close range with a lens. If anyone else is interested in a Class IV handheld laser we can always make another one, if you're patient enough to wait 3-4 weeks...

Aseras

Oh I've had my fun with it... I've got a tire burning video I been working on :)

One thing I'd love to do is add a red "aiming" laser. It's still hard to tell the focal point since I must ( rather not blind myself ) use a camera as a reference and it's kind of a pain.

It's deceptively dim, a 5mw red looks much stronger than the deep red of the 808, except the red doesn't make things literally burst into smoke and embers on contact.

Justin said:
Good to know you're still happy with the 1W! We weren't exaggerating with those specs, that thing is a real monster! Have you tried putting it through a focusing lens yet? It should be pretty dramatic at close range with a lens. If anyone else is interested in a Class IV handheld laser we can always make another one, if you're patient enough to wait 3-4 weeks...

Sorry, but in the interest of good competition to keep prices down, if anyone is interested in a 1W or 1.5W version of that laser Aseras got, send me a PM too. We'll see whether Laserglow or I can offer you a better deal  ;)

I like the video but when the picture started looking into the laser, I actually jumped aside !! Very good.

Mike