Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1W Blue Laser vs. Thermometer!

I get a lot of questions on YouTube asking how "hot" a certain laser is. Instead of attempting to explain differing units, I came up with this instead:

That laser in the video is a Pailide build. 1W in a host that small has its problems. :D

ARG

Wow! I didn't think the result would be that instantaneous.

Cam453

Wow I'm still not clear how hot that laser is. The thermometer stopped working :na:

Wow, that was awesome, I never expected for it to explode. lol but like Cam453 said, we still don't know how hot it was::poke:

We can be for certain on the temp...but at least we know it's at least 130 F.

Very sweet video ,,,its the 1st time i seen someone blow up a thermometer

That would be a while, if ever! 1W would take 1100 times as long as a microwave at 1100W... I wonder if the soup would cool faster than the laser could heat it up! Also, remember the laser would mostly pass through the clear stuff that makes up the soup.

That would be a while, if ever! 1W would take 1100 times as long as a microwave at 1100W... I wonder if the soup would cool faster than the laser could heat it up! Also, remember the laser would mostly pass through the clear stuff that makes up the soup.

What about a cream soup thats not clear... Maybe we need someone with a 1W laser to do an experiment? Maybe I have an excuse to buy a 1W laser :p or a 100 Watt laser!

Helios

HAHA I can see it already....its a new noob guage for "how to tell if your o-like laser is up to spec" If it is it should be able to:

Smoke black plastic
burn paper
pop balloons
light matches
explode thermometers

I can even hear it already "My laser isnt up to spec. It cant even explode my dads thermometer!"

Last edited:
ROFL

And a new sensation of youtube 445 videos begin and the timeless question replaced by...

But can it explode a thermometer?

Last edited: