Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

Laser Pointer Store

1W 405nm Tiny Purple Fury [such pics much beauty]

Tiny Purple Fury:eg:

This is my first review of a laser I build and there's quite a long story behind it

28/9/13 lazeerer the man send the package with all the nice parts including a free x-lens :)

26/10/13 I received a letter from the german customs saying that I should come and open my package for checking the value of it

27/10/13 I went there they said they must see whats inside to know if I have to pay taxes. I opened it and they saw the laser diode in module with the lenses and host and claimed that it may the illegal to import and send it to a testing agency like the FDA but for Germany

24/11/13 I received another letter from the customs in which they said that they will send it back on the 28th of november

27/12/13 lazeerer received the package again packed it new send it back and shared the shipping costs with me :)thanks: again)

11/1/14 I finally received it and it just passed trough the customs :wave:

So you see this was a long torture for me and angelos but now I can say it was worth it :yh:

P.S. For everybody shipping lasers to Germany make sure it's not declared as gift and it's in a small package otherwise it WILL be checked for value and it happens the same thing as with mine !

Now to the laser!:) I don't have a LPM but lazeerer was so kind plotted my diode and set the x-drive so that it's putting 900-1000mW

yes I wrote 1W in the title sounded nice ;) :shhh:

Now after all this boring text some BEAMSHOTS

I only had my crappy phone camera maybe I can get a DLSR in few days for that

For size comparison I have put it next to a c6 (sorry no bananas for scale were available :) )

Some huge 1" uranium marbels look awesome with this laser :)

Now the best one IMO

ped

Technical details?

Diode? heatsnking? driver? driver current? LPM measurements? ect ect.

Regards

Last edited:

bdgreenb

Lol that last picture has to be one of my favorite marble shots. The glowing cajones!

DJNY

Technical details?

This.

Maybe you can also resize your pictures to 1024x768 :)

+1 for the last picture :beer:

Nice lil 3.8mm 405nm single-mode built :eg:

ped

I wasn't going to drag the forum down by saying the last pic resembles , what I meant to say is, it looks like a..

/heads for door.

I have that same kit I love that little laser. I put a SOC in it with his continuous ground driver very simple yet very precise. I wish I a couple more of these host I want to do some copper. Rep when I can.

Technical details?

Regards
Sorry I was in a hurry while doing this :)

3.8 405nm lazeerer's diode

560mA x-boost t mini

the heatsink is very small see the photo next to the c6
so the duty cycle is max 20sec to 25sec I would say

As I said I don't have an LPM but lazeerer plotted my diode and it's somewhere between 900mW and 1000mW with g2 at this current:beer:

It's already my favorite laser and with the 445 x-lens I can light a sheet of paper at 3m distance :D

It's a typical single mode diode so round dot and low divergence but I didn't measured it yet.

Last edited:

ped

Thanks for the info.

If that's doing that power, its a keeper :beer:

FireMyLaser

I advise not to put reflective optics right in front of the laser. The diode is in great danger of catastrophic optical damage.