Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

1st Build-Green Laser Module Testing Help

jfw3

Hi, I'm relatively new to the forum and I'm doing my first build. I picked up this 150-200MW Green Module and I'm trying to test it out before I star the build. The paperwork with the module says Positive Pole is the spring and negative pole is the brass body. Here's what I've done so far without any luck.

- For the positive I attached wire to the spring with the other end to the positive side of the battery.

-For the negative I attached another wire (using electrical tape) to the side of the brass body as per the paperwork and attached the other end of that wire to the negative side of the battery.

I got nothing from the laser. Again I'm just trying to test this thing out right now and don't currently have a host. I was just wondering if any of the pros on here could tell me what I did wrong if anything. Any advice on how to test this thing out would be much appreciated.

I should mention I'm using an 18650 battery. The laser module Specs say 3.7V-4.2V so I'm assuming this is appropriate.

Thanks!

8153-green2.jpg

8152-green1.jpg

jfw3

Wow you guys know your stuff. That was the problem. It's working like a charm now. I really appreciate the response.

Another quick question. I'd potentially like to attach wires to this and hook it up to an external switch (rather than using a traditional host). Is there a way to wire it so that I can bypass that onboard switch that's on the driver?

Thanks again!

AnthoT

Wow you guys know your stuff. That was the problem. It's working like a charm now. I really appreciate the response.

Another quick question. I'd potentially like to attach wires to this and hook it up to an external switch (rather than using a traditional host). Is there a way to wire it so that I can bypass that onboard switch that's on the driver?

Thanks again!

just make a jumper over the switch points :) then use your external button it should work

I use a spall piece of solid wire and jump the two contacts on the board. I personally remove the switch for a cleaner look but you do not have to if you dont want. That jumper will render the switch inop.

jfw3

Thanks again guys. Now that I think about it, that was a pretty dumb question, but I'll be the first to admit my electronics skills are still pretty rudimentary.

Anyway, bridging the contacts worked and it's functioning perfectly with the external switch.