Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

175+mw green laser?

Hello All
I'm looking to buy a pocketable 175+ mw greenie. Battery is not a concern to me, as long as it takes available batteries (Cr123a, AA, AAA, CR2 are my preferences, but also 18650's and 17670's are acceptable). I do NOT want a laser with a giant heatsink, so the emphasis of my request is on POCKETABLE. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep cost under 600 US dollars, but that's not 100 percent strict, I'd be willing to pay more for quality (maybe less, if I'm lucky). So any ideas?

Thanks
-Max

and if you wanna go cheap and daring (seriously) you can get the Kaidomain 150mW focusable laser, the most recent review by knimrod shows that it has a constant output of about 160mW.
http://www.laserpointerforums.com/forums/YaBB.pl?num=1210024232

lol, again i must remind you, this is a bargin, no one knows for sure how the laser will peform, you may get bad one or a good one. so that sir is the poor man method.

If you wanna be safe and sure, then get the x-175

He did say pocketable. The baton-style is just a little too big to be called pocket-size methinks.

fair point idiot(village idiot) but i try to carry a baton with me all the time. being small is a big disadvantage, and i bet a laser shooting baton is better then a normal baton, but if size is really important then nova is the way to go

What about the Spymodex 250mw? Is this any good? Pricing is reasonable, and shipping isn't too bad. Does anyone have any input on this little beast?

Razako

jufam44 said:
What about the Spymodex 250mw? Is this any good? Pricing is reasonable, and shipping isn't too bad. Does anyone have any input on this little beast?
The spymodex lasers are scams. Do NOT buy from spymodex. Anyone on this forum will tell you that spymodex lasers are crap.

Ace82

cybob101 said:
fair point idiot(village idiot) but i try to carry a baton with me all the time. being small is a big disadvantage, and i bet a laser shooting baton is better then a normal baton, but if size is really important then nova is the way to go

Yeah, but you might disalign the crystals with an impact over some one's head.  I don't advise to use it for that purpose.   ;D

Tell him to get a DX 200 like every other Nube who asks the same question.   :p
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.1997 But then this is also "the poor mans bargin".

Edit: DX: ~ 1.5 months shipping.