Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

130mw Penlaser & 300mw Hercules pics/video

First a comparison between the two.. these were taken with no fog, smoke or other aids.. taken during the day with light coming in the windows, but lights are off and flash on camera is off handheld.

Attachments

• Hercules_300mw_vs_130mw_pen_001.JPG
    Hercules_300mw_vs_130mw_pen_001.JPG
    54.9 KB · Views: 213

Simple handheld shot of the Herc... I haven't seen any Herc shots on the net with physical hands as comparison, so here goes....

Attachments

• Hercules_held_in_hand_001.JPG
    Hercules_held_in_hand_001.JPG
    84 KB · Views: 233
This picture was taken without any "visible" smoke, but my fireplace had been going all day.... I turned the laser on and was amazed at the boldness of the beam in my livingroom... I wanted to share what it looked like.

This was taken with camera setting on "P" in my left hand while shooting the laser in my right hand with flash turned "off".
The beam looks a bit more bold than in real life because its possible there was some movement as it was not mounted on a tripod.... but it was nearly this bold in real life.

Attachments

• Herc_shaft_with_fireplace_smoke_.JPG
    Herc_shaft_with_fireplace_smoke_.JPG
    47.7 KB · Views: 220
:exclamationAlas!.. another video.. this one is with a 130mw penlaser which pops balloons quite well within 3 or 4 feet, but then gets a little help as its big brother, the bad boy Herc 300mw takes over to pop 15 balloons from 15 feet away!

Attachments

• 130mw_Penlaser_and_300mw_Herc_popping_15_balloons_001.wmv
    2.6 MB · Views: 48
Video of of popping balloon and lighting match

Attachments

• Pop_Balloon_and_light_match_001.wmv
    1.2 MB · Views: 47
Video of of burning match up close by passing it through beam

Attachments

• Light_Match_close_001.wmv
    1 MB · Views: 47
Next 3 pics are a Penlaser with tad of smoke from fireplace burning all day..its not visible to the naked eye, but with the lights off , the laser is quite dramatic.. this is the 130mw penlaser.

Attachments

• Penlaser_with_smoke__.JPG
    Penlaser_with_smoke__.JPG
    41.6 KB · Views: 359
T

timelord

windstrings said:
Simple handheld shot of the Herc... I haven't seen any Herc shots on the net with physical hands as comparison, so here goes....

I knew they were big but when i see it in your hand in the photo, well it gives it some scale :eek: THAT'S NOT A LASER ;D IT'S A BASEBALL BAT LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
[quote author=windstrings link=1169433878/0#1 date=1169433943]Simple handheld shot of the Herc... I haven't seen any Herc shots on the net with physical hands as comparison, so here goes....

I knew they were big but when i see it in your hand in the photo, well it gives it some scale  :eek: THAT'S NOT A LASER  ;D IT'S A BASEBALL BAT LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Sufferring from laser envy are you ? ;D hehehehehehehe Could NOT resist ! That thing is HUGE, but awesome - good trade off in my book - for that kind of power and stability - I guess it truly is in a class by itself ! I want one !!!!!

T

timelord

SenKat said:
[quote author=Timelord link=1169433878/0#9 date=1169452964][quote author=windstrings link=1169433878/0#1 date=1169433943]Simple handheld shot of the Herc... I haven't seen any Herc shots on the net with physical hands as comparison, so here goes....

I knew they were big but when i see it in your hand in the photo, well it gives it some scale  :eek: THAT'S NOT A LASER  ;D IT'S A BASEBALL BAT LOL  ;D ;D ;D ;D
[/quote]

Sufferring from laser envy are you ?  ;D hehehehehehehe  Could NOT resist !  That thing is HUGE, but awesome - good trade off in my book - for that kind of power and stability - I guess it truly is in a class by itself !  I want one !!!!!
[/quote]

I want one too, just can't raise that kind of money straight after xmas but maybe soon after i buy my Lucent 100mw. As it has a continuous duty cycle i will mount it on my telescope for some serious starpointing. I've found a bracket that will just hold such a fat laser like that too. :cool:

Attachments

• 2007-01-22_150903.png
    2007-01-22_150903.png
    57.9 KB · Views: 187
Funny you posted that pic.. I've been thinking of something a little different... how about having a scope mounted on the laser?
The laser would be your gun?.. you would almost need to through it in an old gun stock just to have stability, but the laser would be mounted below with the scope on top.
Find your target, puch the power button and in a couple of seconds you target would be energized!

This would be much cooler with a divergence of 0.1mrad instead of 1.0...opps.. there I go dreaming again!.... well.. maybe not a dream!

T

timelord

I think something like that has been done using a finderscope, i see what you mean though. I have a computerised meade telescope and already mount my laser on it. But to witness a high powered laser beam being slewed by the telescope through the sky never ceases to bore me. Just push the goto button after you select the object you want to view and watch the beam move across the sky COOL.
:cool: :cool:

Attachments

• Image000.jpg
    Image000.jpg
    105.9 KB · Views: 155
Timelord said:
I think something like that has been done using a finderscope, i see what you mean though. I have a computerised meade telescope and already mount my laser on it. But to witness a high powered laser beam being slewed by the telescope through the sky never ceases to bore me. Just push the goto button after you select the object you want to view and watch the beam move across the sky COOL.
:cool: :cool:

NO doubt cool!.. I would like to see that!

S

SenKat

Timelord said:
:cool:   :cool:

DAMN ! Nice rig TimeLord ! My Wife has been wanting a telescope sooooooo bad the past few years...I got her a nice Meade computerized on a few years ago, but we took it back, she said I spent too much on it :'( NOW that we a re a little bit better off (took getting a new boss that appreciates my talents !) I was thinking about getting her another one - any suggestions as far as model, make, etc go ? Since this is WAYYYY off topic, feel free to email me with any info or resources you might have regarding telescopes, okay ? Thanks !