Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

130mw green has a 20mm dot at 1meter but has prob.

Ok at 1 meter away from a wall the green dot is about 15 to 20 mm across and around that there is a 600 to 800mm flair around it sort of a green speckerling around the dot the laser is a 130mw green from www.scitec.uk.com its the granade style one.Thanks Hope someone can help.

Re: 130mw green has a 20mm dot at 1meter but has p

Have you tried returning it? It sounds like the lens is dirty and has been knocked loose.

OUCH ! That's a lot of cash spent on a style of laser that has been proven to be garbage :( Have you had the output power tested yet ? If you are in the UK - there are TONS of members here that live in the UK and have power meters....if you are in the US - there are even MORE of us that would be willing to test it for you. My first step would be seeing if you can return it for a full refund - then if not, you can worry about getting it metered...

diachi

Oooh thats a bummer, it might have just been damage from shipping though, aswell as a dirty lens, you should look into a refund/replacement

Sorry should have said its not a new laser.Its actully a lot worse than i thought i done the test in the dark last night, the hallow around the dot is massive it lights up the room,i dont have a problem about the power the company did not give it up easily,the laser is very powerful i had to give a good reason why i needed such a powerfull laser.i did drop it so when i unscrew the top the inside is loose.i think it needs to go back to fixer.Did you guys see the underwater/waterprove laser at scitec?Thanks

SENKAT_STONETEK...Hello Can you let me in on how this laser type has been proven to be garbage seems odd that such a company would sell crap lasers looking at there other products they sell.i have been more than happy with my laser its nearly a year old been out in the rain dropped, knocked.I think maybe water or dirt has got behind the lense.Is this possible or likely? Its still throwing out a impressive beam! Thanks for your interest

Sounds like the lens is just dirty to me. Get in there and clean it with some isopropyl alcohol :cool: