Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12X in Ehgemus Host For Sale

For Sale is a 12X BR Laser setup in an Ehgemus Mini RPL with Focusing Adapter.
The host is featured here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f52/ehgemus-custom-host-review-45694.html

The 12X drop in module Mohrenburg- made. The V5 Flexdrive is set to 305mA, powered by one CR123 primary, or rechargeable.

This was the first privately owned 12X made for non- testing purposes. The laser has at least 5 hours of use on it total.

25822_1257141871483_1317690211_30653207_4275374_n.jpg

The BDR-205 diode has always been used with a Jayrob 405-G1 lens mounted in an Ehgemus focusing adapter. The lens nut has teflon tape wrapped around the threads.

The diode window has been through a very thorough cleaning by Flaminpyro. The window still displays a faint smudge pattern before the lens. The diode has not degraded since the cleaning, and still produces a very clean dot.
The problem is described here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/12x-diode-window-artifact-46429.html

The problem was fixed here: http://laserpointerforums.com/f63/great-services-flaminpyro-48007.html

It's my favorite laser, and my most powerful, but I don't need this much power from a color that I already have. I want to move on to other colors and different kinds of lasers. I'm liking the visual aspects of lasers, more so than their power. But if you're looking for a burner...

I have never had it metered, as I do not own a meter. The thing stings skin unfocused, and lights a white tipped match from 20' away.

I hope this goes to someone willing to take good care of it. It cost about $450 to make at the time, but I'm asking $250 shipped or best offer. Post here for questions, and PM me for inquiries.

What you get, is the laser with 405-G1 lens, two pair of Scopeguy BR goggles, and some fluorescing marbles along with a few other surprises!

Thanks for Looking!

-Tyler

How can anyone resist. I definelty don't need another and I just sold one but I'll take it. I just LOVE Ehgmus builds!

Last edited:
How can anyone resist. I definelty don't need another and I just sold one but I'll take it. I just LOVE Ehgmus builds!
Luke- just laughed my a** off at your typo+ 'definelty'---Ha ha .............<(*U*)> how do you 'define' that word--(gotcha back -buddy) nice score on the 12X I am so jell-o-use!!!--len

Lol! Good call. Thanks I'm looking forward to modding this puppy up to 650mW.

Okay, now I have a couple questions. Does this use protected or non protected batteries? Also what voltage batteries are do you use?

daguin

It appears that these < .5W lasers are proving to be too much for some people ;)

Love the deals though :)

Peace,
dave

Okay, now I have a couple questions. Does this use protected or non protected batteries? Also what voltage batteries are do you use?

As mentioned in the thread, It uses a single CR123. I use the trustfires that Drew sells:

16340 RCR123A size 3.6-3.7v battery (2 pack) [BATT4] - $5.99 : Modwerx Shop

I believe they are protected.

It appears that these < .5W lasers are proving to be too much for some people ;)

Love the deals though :)

Peace,
dave

True Dave, some people don't need that much violet. I'm thinking that I want to move away from burning power, and go more into color/visual appearance. 115mws of Violet does not fluoresce objects any less than a 12X.

I still need to find me a greenie!

-Tyler

Awesome, I have plenty of those batteries. I am just a little confused because in the review of the host you state "I had Ehgemus add an extra set screw in the head, and add length to the barrel to fit a second CR123." But in the sale thread you say it runs on a single cell. Is there a spacer or is this a different host or....

Oh, I know what you mean now.

The host WAS made and sent to me as a longer barrel for 2 batteries.
But because of the depth that I had to set the module, I ended up setting it up with one battery, held steady by a spring on the tailcap, and a spring on the rear end of the module as the positive contact. Does that answer your question?

-Tyler

daguin

True Dave, some people don't need that much violet. I'm thinking that I want to move away from burning power, and go more into color/visual appearance. 115mws of Violet does not fluoresce objects any less than a 12X.

I still need to find me a greenie!

-Tyler

I use 20mW for fluorescing minerals. You will actually see much more with low power. The "blaze" from a high powered violet laser usually overpowers the much more subtle fluorescent reactions in most minerals

Peace,
dave

Awesome! The springs are great because they allow for the differences in protected VS non-protected. A couple of my Ehgemus builds I didn't use a spring and so They take either protected or non-protected. I now use a spring whenever possible so that I can choose either or. I am sure I am going to love this laser. Really looking forward to it. Thanks again for the awesome dealio.

I use 20mW for fluorescing minerals. You will actually see much more with low power. The "blaze" from a high powered violet laser usually overpowers the much more subtle fluorescent reactions in most minerals

Peace,
dave

Interesting, I suppose that makes some sense. I just haven't seen it myself to be honest. Perhaps an experiment is in order!

Awesome! The springs are great because they allow for the differences in protected VS non-protected. A couple of my Ehgemus builds I didn't use a spring and so They take either protected or non-protected. I now use a spring whenever possible so that I can choose either or. I am sure I am going to love this laser. Really looking forward to it. Thanks again for the awesome dealio.

I didn't know that the un-protected batteries were a different size. I've never owned any.

Put this thing through it's paces, and I'm sure it will perform for you! Just be "gentle" when turning up the current, ok? ;)

Yeah protected and non protected are different lengths. It isn't too bad when it is a single cell, but when you are using 2 or 3 cells the difference becomes huge.