Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x GB Proper is a go!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morgan

Hey folks,

[EDIT:] 2nd Round can be found here -

http://laserpointerforums.com/f55/12x-sled-gb-round-2-go-56329.html

Thanks.

Okay, it looks like it's on for real!

These are Lite-On sleds as found in this thread -

http://laserpointerforums.com/f38/harvesting-lite-12x-52254.html

Here's some photos so you can compare them to pics posted -

2vaxs74.jpg

abn8k.jpg

Price is $60 plus shipping to wherever you are, (I'll be to the post office later and look at standard Airmail which should be around the $2-3 mark but stand by for an update). Paypal only for this one I'm afraid but to make it simpler I'll take the Paypal hit so it's included in the price.

I think we could hit another price break at the 50pcs so if there are any investors out there able to pitch in for us all, then that's all good.

I'll be conservative and say 25 is the target for the first round as there were a fair few that showed interest in the feeler.

This needs to move pretty quickly as, although there is stock available right now, it seems limited.

Many thanks to those that did show interest as this has spurred on setting it up but we need MOAR! so let everyone know and we'll see if this can take shape.

I will now start making a list below of who wants what and who's paid what etc. Please be sure to include your LPF user name in any comments for transactions so I keep track.

Thanks and away you go guys!!!

Any questions are welcome.

The LIST!

Morgan - 4 - Paid :thanks: ( I suppose I should have a couple for myself at least! These will be for testing) [EDIT: Sorry, but I have had some build orders come in too! Now I need 4!]
Toke - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
ped - 2 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
Jayrob - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
netwave - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
DTR - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
Analogue - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
AdamCaudill - 2 - Paid :thanks: Shipped
cd520 - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
Bionic-Badger - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
blackspirit - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
532 with envy - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
Xtrm2Rick - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
icecruncher - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped and received
LASER66 - 2 - Paid :thanks: Shipped
hakzaw1 - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped
Coherent Light - 1 - Not Paid
Pontiacg5 - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped
Scopeguy20 - 1 - Paid :thanks: Shipped

Number left: 0!!! Man, that was quick! Anyone interested in a Round 2 on these?

If you don't see you name, and think you should, or think you've paid, and it doesn't say so then drop me a line with as many clues as you can give so I can confirm and correct. Thanks.

[EDIT 1:]

Okay, as these were a limited supply, I have buffered the rest of the cash to place the order so as of now, we are waiting for the sleds to arrive! :D They should be despatched within 12 hours by DHL. As ever, it's a bit cagey for an ETA but normally I've recieved sleds and diodes in about two weeks from these guys. I will be testing a random selection of the sleds when they arrive to reassure myself and you guys that these are exactly what we want, (and my supplier knows this too!)[/COLOR]

Any other updates like despatch notices, etc, I will post here, (In spite of saying I won't clutter it up! :whistle: )

Please keep the Paypals coming in as I do have other commitments as well. Many thanks.

[EDIT 2:]

I now have a photo of the despatch note and am quoted 6-13 days for delivery. I have also primed the waters for a 2nd round should anyone be interested. As we know, I was told stocks were limited but hopefully with enough notice they will be able to supply.

If you would be interested in a 2nd round then PM me, or post here, with interest and some figures so I can gauge the requirements. If I can get some rough figures to play with I might be able to push another price break. All is good at this time!

[EDIT3:]

(22nd Sept) Guess what arrived today?!!! Ya! I will not be back home until Friday night but I will immediately test a couple of these and post the results BEFORE posting any out. (23rd Sept) What I would like to do is confirm postage addresses before these go out also. I think the best way to do this is by taking the details from the PP transactions; PM each buyer and ask for confirmation it is correct. This makes it easier for you all just to say yes, or at that point correct it if you need it to go elsewhere. Admittedly this may delay the actual shipping of your sled/sleds as you might not get back to me instantly but I'd rather be sure and get things right first time, (I'm sure you would appreciate this too! ;) ). So, there's no need to start PMing you addresses, I will contact you. This will start when I've tested and I anticipate sending the address check PMs on Saturday, (25th Sept), so look out for them please for a swift reply. :thanks: all, I'll be in touch.

[EDIT 4:] (24th/25th Sept)

Some testing!

So, I got home this evening and ripped straight into the package that's been waiting here for a few days, (well, not straight away. I know you want news but you gotta let a man eat! :D ).

A note: I am very careful with ESD precautions. All through the process of opening the package I am wearing my ESD wrist strap and the work surface is also grounded. I even went into the package from the bottom to avoid too much packing tape! I have not opened any other boxes except those I am testing and I will keep those regardless of the outcome. All other boxes are stored back in the packing box they came in until I seal them for postage. If anyone wants me to check their sled then I will but otherwise, they are as they arrived to me.

Here's the unopened package...

99p20k.jpg

... Opened package...

dlgu2v.jpg

... important bits of package! (Notice I dated one today. And she put out! :crackup: As you'll see lower down ;) )

2z6v15f.jpg

The two I chose to test. This wasn't as random as previously thought. All the boxes were in really good shape. Except for two, (the dated one and the one top left). I thought it would be a harsh test to go for these and see whether there was anything to worry about.

333bgn8.jpg

The sled! (Compares pretty well with pic above!!!)

qoglqg.jpg

You can see the PCB has the correct SF-BW512L stencil but not in the same place for each sled...

... One has it on the right...

51sf1v.jpg

...one on the left.

2q9j8dg.jpg

Both together. Notice slight bending of the optic shroud on the bottom one...

2enwcip.jpg

This is the one I chose to tear into first. Slight damage like this isn't uncommon in my experience and it isn't anywhere near the damage on the box so I don't think they are connected.

zjc589.jpg

The back bar code...

264kku8.jpg

extracted diode still in heatsink...

nbrbbo.jpg

Safely installed in an Aixiz... (A little tip here: If you have a Flaminpyro GGW 6x diode extraction cup tool then clip the corners of the original heatsink to fit squarely in the extraction cup tool. Use an old diode, face to face with your new one and gently push the old diode in with the screw and the new diode comes out the back of the heatsink! I should probably explain that better in another thread but that's how I extracted the diode effortlessly!)

2qas6qb.jpg

After this I ran some tests....

Lasing threshold - 3.65V at 30mA

Run from there in 25mA steps we get these results on my LaserBee I @ 150mm using a Jayrob 405-G-1 lens

V-------mA-----mW
3.97----50------33
4.3-----75------71
4.55----100----107
4.78----125----146
4.98----150----186
5.15----175----228
5.28----200----262
5.39----225----302
5.49----250----340
5.57----275----379
5.64----300----412
5.71----325----450
5.76----350----483
5.81----375----518 Class IV!
5.85----400----551
5.89----425----586
5.93----450----619
5.96----475----653
5.99----500----685

Here's a pic of the readings, (ignore the peak value as this was merely tuning to 500mA) ...

1zgw40m.jpg

I would have stopped at 500mA but wanted to see 700mW, so...

Final reading...

6.02----525----717

All in all I think the test was pretty good. I have the other one to do so it is only one set of data but it makes me feel better to have checked at least one. Please forgive the state of my workstation. I have been busy going back to college, arranging GBs and the like. ESD precautions are still VERY intact.

More I guess on this but look out for your addy checks tomorrow.

Thanks,

M
:)

Last edited:

Toke

Bloody great timing Morgan. :mad:
I am still between jobs.

Only one for me. :)

Right on!....I'll take one of these for sure...
thanks for researching and putting all this together Morgan!
:wave:

Morgan

Okay, PM me with definite buys and we'll get a list started. I'll try and buffer those, "between jobs", ;), and all the other poor excuses, (Toke! :D ), but if I need to get the cash in then obviously paying customers have to take priority. I can't buffer that much!

I think for ease, (and maybe to allow for me to buy some packaging!), I'll say $3 shipping for now. If it works out less or more then I'll update but if early payments are made it'll be that until I can confirm.

That was quick you guys!

You two are on the list!

M

Woot....Hopefully these are easy to get out of the sled...I'v been having a wonderful time TOTALLY DESTROYING LOC of late....and I love the youtube video showing how 'easy' it is to get them out :horse:
sending pm

ped

Payment Sent (Unique Transaction ID #80E24376W36956826)

2x 12x sleds :)

Cheers morgan

EDIT P&P sent now as well :eek:

Last edited:

DTR

Thanks for doing the legwork. Put me down for one for now.:D

Last edited:
I'll take two; PM me your paypal and I'll get the payment sent.

Thanks!

EDIT: 200th post, figures it would be buying something, lol

Last edited:

Morgan

Anyone know anything about the red diode in these sleds? Type, case size, power, etc?

I think there's a little info and a link in the, "Harvesting the Lite-On sled", thread EF. It's not a 5.6mm though, IIRC, if that helps.

To make all as fair as possible, I will put serious interest only in the list with a, "Not Paid", tag. To be as fair as possible I will put people in order of time of contact, whether by PM or posting here, (Forum Time). If we come to end of the list and a paying customer comes through then they will have to take priority. If you see your name move it means someone behind you has paid; someone who made contact before you has confirmed their addition to the list; or a new paying customer has come in.

This seems fair to me but as it's a first GB for me then the more experienced my have better systems. I am all for better systems!!! :bowdown:

I'll update the list as it stands. For those who can't pay right away, I will ask for confirmation you want to be added to the list but will go by first contact time. I suspect it'll take a couple of weeks for them to arrive here once ordered so I will try and buffer you but I can't do this for everyone, (otherwise it's not a GB is it?!!! :crackup:)

I hope you all is happy!

M

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.