Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x BR DIODES

daguin

I can't wait any longer --- I just ordered a BDR-205 for $203.
I need a new toy.

HMike

Hey Mike -- With IgorT being "down" it looks like we may be back to the old ways. I don't think I am going to wait until IgorT gets back to build one.
How hard are you going to push yours?

Peace,
dave

Dave -- you old fart --- I was looking to your experience. !!!
I'm guessing 400 mA and graphing either side looking for kinks in my diode.
Since I don't run battery powered pointers for several minutes at a time, I may go higher.

HMike

mfo

Since I don't run battery powered pointers for several minutes at a time, I may go higher.

HMike

You going to sell me the 3.6mm red diode from your sled Mike? :D

daguin

HMike

We already know that the graph is straight up to 400mA.

These newer generations of violet diodes do NOT show kinks. :wtf:(or at least we haven't found any anywhere)

The estimate now is that 420mA would be ~162% of the rated power.

I am going to at least 420mA

Peace,
dave

Dave --- That's what I derived from the massive amount of info posted. 400 mA as an ~ center point and then "first star on the right and straight on until morning" !
Is the mini red a 16x or better?
HMike

Last edited:

daguin

Dave --- That's what I derived from the massive amount of info posted. 400 mA as an ~ center point and then "first star on the right and straight on until morning" !
HMike

They call the write speed 16X, but it is giving us better outputs than that. I'll have to look up my test data. However, it rivals the LOC and does NOT have the "line" through the spot.

The only problem with them is the size.

Peace,
dave

mfo

They call the write speed 16X, but it is giving us better outputs than that. I'll have to look up my test data. However, it rivals the LOC and does NOT have the "line" through the spot.

The only problem with them is the size.

Peace,
dave

Dave, at what current are you driving yours? I remember you telling me you have one for your RGV build. I'm going to use one in a cr2 build from jayrob.

daguin

HMike

Dave, at what current are you driving yours? I remember you telling me you have one for your RGV build. I'm going to use one in a cr2 build from jayrob.

I'm not using them yet. My green modules came in under spec. I haven't gotten around to replacing them yet.

Here's some partial data on the small open can diodes:
lth = 58mA
300mA = 202mW
350mA = 235mW
400mA = 260mW
425mA = 273mW

The test was done with a stock aiXiz acrylic lens and a Rkcstr driver. The driver topped out at 425mA. I had not yet observed a knee.

Peace,
dave

mfo

I'm not using them yet. My green modules came in under spec. I haven't gotten around to replacing them yet.

Here's some partial data on the small open can diodes:
lth = 58mA
300mA = 202mW
350mA = 235mW
400mA = 260mW
425mA = 273mW

The test was done with a stock aiXiz acrylic lens and a Rkcstr driver. The driver topped out at 425mA. I had not yet observed a knee.

Peace,
dave

Thanks for that valuable information Dave. I should easily be able to top 300mW with jayrob's 650-G-1 lens with this tiny diode. :D

daguin

Thanks for that valuable information Dave. I should easily be able to top 300mW with jayrob's 650-G-1 lens with this tiny diode. :D

I would expect so. I will be running mine fairly low in the White Fusion builds. The idea in them is to never have to open them again after they are done ;)

Peace,
dave

mfo

I would expect so. I will be running mine fairly low in the White Fusion builds. The idea in them is to never have to open them again after they are done ;)

Peace,
dave

Yeah, I hear you I was intending on doing the same thing with mine. I was thinking maybe 371mA. Maybe even the next step down.

FrancoRob;

We need more 12X data points for graphs.

With Igor sidelined,
other members need to provide data if at all possible.

I just bought a complete drive yesterday,
to get a hi-power Red diode I have been wanting to test...

LarryDFW

Last edited:
He he, yes Larry, I'm here with Excel impatient to start plotting and my fingers on the keyboard :angel:! Maybe some LPF Gotha Members, just some random names, maybe starting with Delta Alfa, Sierra Papa, Hotel Mike (ops, too clear).....or, why not, also Lima Alfa.....:whistle::whistle::whistle:

mfo

FrancoRob;

We need more 12X data points for graphs.

With Igor sidelined,
other members need to provide data if at all possible.

I just bought a complete drive yesterday,
to get a hi-power Red diode I have been wanting to test...

LarryDFW

Hey Larry, you're doing a plot test for the 3.6mm little open cans?