Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12X bluray owners...Part number?

jbtm

I'm trying to see if I can get a deal going for us laser fans. I need to know a "Part number" of the diode.

I called the parts service today down at pioneer, and had a not-so-helpful lady on the line tell me I need to give her the part number on the diode it self, or she cannot help me. She couldn't just enter in 12X BDR-205 and give me some help on their database.

So, I was hoping someone here would still have a sled or something that can say a specific part number for that specific diode. I need it so i can buy a "replacement part". I'm doing this for one main reason. See if we can get ahold of 12X bluray diodes for under $200. It sounds like if I have a part number, They will sell me JUST the diode. Once I get a number, I'll report back here with the cost for the diode alone.

Thanks!!!

Genious! Except it'll only be a few bucks cheaper because it's not the shiny new plastic, or $200 springs that give it it's price. I think the diodes will still be $180+

jbtm

Yeah...It would just be the diode can it self...Money does go into the circuits, lens, and other stuff too. They dont just have a bluray in there, theres always good powered IR lasers too.

I just need a part number to give them...Or enter at
http://parts.pioneerelectronics.com/

I doubt they would sell just the diode, they probably only sell the complete sled.

I worked at a factory car stereo repair place for a while, and you could order sleds for Clarion (Nissan) radios, but not diodes. Aligning a new diode in a existing sled would probably be impossible, and pioneer probably knows that so they probably just don't sell the diode.

We need to get the reject sleds like we are getting for the PHR and 6X sleds now!

I doubt they would sell just the diode, they probably only sell the complete sled.

I worked at a factory car stereo repair place for a while, and you could order sleds for Clarion (Nissan) radios, but not diodes. Aligning a new diode in a existing sled would probably be impossible, and pioneer probably knows that so they probably just don't sell the diode.

We need to get the reject sleds like we are getting for the PHR and 6X sleds now!

Great idea! Ask them for a source for reject sleds. See if they'd be fine selling those, I don't know about here, but some places will actually give the rejects away for free.

jbtm

Will give it a try...Let you know how things go tomorrow night. :)

jbtm

The answer I got from the electronics / parts service by email.

Sorry, the parts are not available from the products.
If not repairable, they have to be scrapped and properly disposed of.
You would have to find someone through private party to get the parts.

Sad...:(