Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12x 450mW Blueray DYI ?

I am really considering getting a 12x blueray DYI kit... if there is one around?

I could use one.

Anyone out there know where I get this? Olike has 6x version only.

I am also looking at dropping $500 or so for a DYI Green 450mW module from O-like.

Doing some photonic investment in the next few weeks!

ZRTMWA

Buy a 12x Blu-ray burner. Extract the sled, then the diode from the sled. Then press the diode into a aixiz module, attach a driver and put it into a kit made for an Aixiz module. Jayrob is one example of a member who makes such kits.

And get a glass lens if you want extra power.

D

Deleted member 8382

he already sumarized it very well. you will have to make a lot of research though ;)

No one is selling the diodes for the 12x?
hmm, I think I will wait.

what? You can just get a sled and get the diode yourself, or pay another member a few bucks to do it. They'll also probably put it into an aixiz for you. Hell, just have all of the parts sent to a trusted member and pay them like 50 bucks for assembly. Also get a glass or AR coated lens, plastic will melt.

will

what? You can just get a sled and get the diode yourself, or pay another member a few bucks to do it. They'll also probably put it into an aixiz for you. Hell, just have all of the parts sent to a trusted member and pay them like 50 bucks for assembly. Also get a glass or AR coated lens, plastic will melt.

will

No, I got that.. No way plastic lenses are going to work with 450mW of 405nM laser power. This fact I am well aware of.
I was meaning who (reputable seller) carries the sleds or preinstalled modules and drivers? This was my question. I am not in the mood to shell out $500-700 for a x12 Blueray drive!

Thank you. Anyone inclined to answer my question?

daguin

No, I got that.. No way plastic lenses are going to work with 450mW of 405nM laser power. This fact I am well aware of.
I was meaning who (reputable seller) carries the sleds or preinstalled modules and drivers? This was my question. I am not in the mood to shell out $500-700 for a x12 Blueray drive!

Thank you. Anyone inclined to answer my question?

The Pioneer BDR-205 is ~$205 on eBay (US). Get someone here to buy the drive for you and ship you the sled/diode. It needs to be someone outside of California to avoid the ~10% state sales tax. All the least expensive dealers are in California. A priority mail, small flat rate box is ~$13 to ship internationally. PayPal fees are ~7. You are looking at $225 for the sled.

If you are willing to pay the state sales tax, I will do this for you for $245. If you want it harvested and pressed into an aiXiz, add $5

Peace,
dave

Why is everyone beatin down plastic lenses?

If the glass lens has no AR coating its as useful as plasstic. Tried that out...so dont tell me the opposite xD

Grix

Well pretty much every glass lense we use is AR coated

Not every lens is coated. When you write "use a glass lens because its better" its just wrong. No matter what you say. AR coated lenses for 405nm are still kinda hard t get..."hard"....

Thanks man :)

But no need for this. I know people for every laser-item. I am no attention-wh_re, but you should see my locker. YAG, CO2, diodes, DPSS....trust me when I say I am more than well equiped. ;-)

Just wanted to make clear GLASS LENS doesnt mean automatically its coated.

daguin

Thanks man :)

But no need for this. I know people for every laser-item. I am no attention-wh_re, but you should see my locker. YAG, CO2, diodes, DPSS....trust me when I say I am more than well equiped. ;-)

Just wanted to make clear GLASS LENS doesnt mean automatically its coated.

The post was not really aimed at you directly. It was to show others that 405nm AR coated lenses are readily available.

Also, when dealing with 405nm, even a non-405nm AR coated glass lens is better (given some quality control) than the acrylic lens. Acrylic fluoresces under long-wave UV light. This tends to block and scatter the light.

Peace,
dave

I had pretty good results with some plastic lenses as well! It depends....you cant just say glass is better...

O-like has damn cool housings for 405nm btw!

daguin

I had pretty good results with some plastic lenses as well! It depends....you cant just say glass is better...

O-like has damn cool housings for 405nm btw!

You can when speaking to the vast majority of hobbyists who can only buy stuff "off the rack."

Peace,
dave