Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

~17W, 15W and 12W blue laser handle with orange body!

We need to stop ignoring this unacceptable laser usage. Why is it only one individual thus far has indicated that aiming a class 4 laser in someone's window is a big problem?

Is laser safety only a priority if money isn't to be made? What happened to the monthly chant of "users like this will ruin the hobby with their recklessness"?

Have some consistency! Have some principles! For instance:

Imagine if someone was sitting next to the window and a huge laser beam shinned in 👽

How can you reconcile this with the other post you just made?

All lasers require goggles all lasers over 1>mW are eye hazard

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

Fuck you, thanhtung. You should be ashamed of putting people in danger to show off and make a dollar.

And perhaps more importantly, the forum should be ashamed for not holding this dickhead accountable. But you all seem to think badgering people into putting their locations in the user profile or making a silly "welcome post" is the way to make the world a better place.

We need to stop ignoring this unacceptable laser usage. Why is it only one individual thus far has indicated that aiming a class 4 laser in someone's window is a big problem?

Is laser safety only a priority if money isn't to be made? What happened to the monthly chant of "users like this will ruin the hobby with their recklessness"?

Have some consistency! Have some principles! For instance:

How can you reconcile this with the other post you just made?

THIS IS NOT OKAY.

Fuck you, thanhtung. You should be ashamed of putting people in danger to show off and make a dollar.

And perhaps more importantly, the forum should be ashamed for not holding this dickhead accountable. But you all seem to think badgering people into putting their locations in the user profile or making a silly "welcome post" is the way to make the world a better place.

The building looks empty, I see blue light shining out the side window a good ways away from the front so I gave the benefit of a doubt that he knows it's empty, still it's a bad idea to shine any laser into even an empty window, but it is Vietnam so I am less concerned, still it is a bad idea.

I did not like being asked to make a welcome post, it felt like I was being judged in order to enter, however I can understand why some people like to see them posted, but I think it's a turn off for a lot of new member.

48728579092_db2596cf72_z.jpg

The building is exact empty where i shine to window, it is the 5th floor of that building! Boss of that house is only use at the 1st and 2nd,3th floor!
I was known to laser 10 years ago, and I understand all note safes for humans when use it!

Podo

Very nice laser spotlight, and zooms too. :)
Did you use nubm05/nubm06 with GBalls intact ? It must get hot in 10-20 seconds.

CDjcaA0.jpg

It's using 07E diodes straight with the laser diode bank, it auto shuts off(temperature protection) in about 30 - 40 seconds in full power.

The laser dots on this one looks good, collimated & parallelled but not all spotlight builds look like that, some looks very bad and crooked to sides.

Attachments

• nice.jpg
    nice.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 16
  • bad.png
    bad.png
    36.6 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
Reactions: GSS

JimK

The heft of this beast though, what's the use case? Optics on combining 3 beams won't be pretty and the power is stronk enough that you'd be better off with gas for practical output uses.

Just for a "because I can" I guess.

Yes sure 3 beam not pretty as single beam! But if not do that, it never has higher power at this time :)
Update to 17w blue burn my floor

Anthony P

You got me curious, so I suspended the dye laser project for a few minutes to fire up the CO2.
Dialed in at 15 watts and well focused I was able to scorch the surface and penetrate to a depth of 1/16" on red clay brick, and ceramic tile.
I do realize that 10.6um is a far cry from 450ish nm, but raw power wise, it did the trick.

Anthony P

I wonder if you could do the same with a natural rock like a piece of granite or schist.
I do not know enough about geology to say. I can probably get samples of quartz and granite at Lowes. If you have some samples to send, I would be happy to try. I could log power settings and time and even post video clips.

Not worth sending volcanic rocks. They used to put black obsidian on the railroad tracks in Mississippi along with lots of granite. Had to ship it in from somewhere as there are no volcanoes there. :LOL: