Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

12v 1/2 AAA batteries?

Today I found these...
hxkp.jpg

Those 1.5v are interesting. Getting 6v from a 2x AA host from primary's is quite nice... Don't know what i can use the 12v batteries for... Any thoughts?

When I picked them up I thought they were rechargeable but clearly they aren't. They tricked me with colour by putting them amongst the rechargables. But I was fixated on the voltage and just bought them. Does anyone know if you can get rechargables this size? Or voltage? Hmmm?

Since you've posted the same thing in (at least) two places, I guess I have to correct you twice.

Getting 6v from a 2x AA host from primary's is quite nice.

You mean 4.5V. You won't get four in there.

Last edited:
Well 4.5 volts would have to be the very limit you would push your 3 volt device to. a single 4.2 /3.7 lithium works really well, with dummy AA or AAA cell and does boost power, at the sacrifice of lower capacity.

Woa! I wasn't expecting that. very interesting.. thanks for the vid mate. Ive got some button cells somwhere, i might try fiddling with them and some tape... bespoke batteries anyone? lol.

And thanks for the correction, i appreciate the concern. But i was never intending to try and run the driver on 6v. and im quite sure they are 1/2 the height of AA's so it would be possible to jam 4 in the place 2...its maths you see..... its a bugger! :) it would work well for other drivers.

[DISCLAIMER]
This thread was just to highlight the batteries and is not related in any way to any other thread i may have posted in!

Where can you buy dummy batteries? I guess i could use a bit of bolt cut to the right length.... or something...

ok. i was wrong. you can indeed only fit 3 in there... my apologies.

Dummy AA cells and AAA cells usually yellow in colour are on eBay. Just search for dummy battery AA or AAA there's not a lot of sellers but enough to get half a dozen of each at about 60 cents a piece well worth doing especially on green eBay pens they warm up very fast, output more power for a very small investment. Same with red and violet pens but they don't need to warm up like green DPSS lasers do.

very cool. ive just looked on ebay and found some. they seem to charge more for aaa than aa, which is nice of them.... :/
i will have to wait till next week to get some... ive spent all my laser money this week lol...

im gonna cut up some bolts and wrap them in tape see how that goes...
thanks for your help dude.
i really appreciate it. :)