Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10W RGB Quadcopter

IsaacT

Agreed, that is VERY cool. A little dangerous, but since when is that a reason to not do something? :p I like it thanks for showing!

Disney would love this thing. Cool. This could be a great money maker renting it out for outdoor events

IsaacT

It could be a great liability maker if use used for outdoor events!

It could be a great liability maker if use used for outdoor events!
I'd use common sense and project only onto a wall or hillside or scrim. A professional operater wpuld operate it. Not an inexperienced owner or novice like me. Lol this is kool though

IsaacT

Problem is I mean QC's crash all the time. If it spins out of control you can't control where the beams go.

Rifter

Problem is I mean QC's crash all the time. If it spins out of control you can't control where the beams go.

Having a quickly accessible cut off switch would be essential that's for sure

Well....that IS something ya don't see every day !!! Surly ONLY a professional tool !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But....I bet the Quadcopter boys....are terrified of such technology...and any negative impact on future legislation !!!!! ...and....the FAA and the CDRH are also rolling their SEEING BALLS......backward !!!

Technology marches on....period.....and this is a great effect....no doubt !!!

With a Naza flight controller, which uses GPS to fix the ship position, altitude, pitch, yaw......the platform is stable.

There are new RC controllers which employ a great amount of feedback telemetry...such as RC signal strength, power supply condition, altitude, GPS co-ordinates via downlink back to the transmitter ground station.

BUT....ALL this is dependent on everything working....100 % of the time.
Makes me nervious....for...as you well know....................................

" Aye captain...The more ya automate the plumbing....the EASIER it is ta stop up the DRAIN" HAHAHA

Used buy a professional....with all the proper variances and FAA permission....and oh....a shit boat of liability insurance !!! and with beam propagation at a termination plane....Well....I guess....

It is sure an attention getter !!!! And opens up a huge amount of commercial advertising possibilities !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My hats off to them !! ...... Flying around what is easily 20K worth of components.. :drool::drool::drool:

Could there be made a cunsumer version. With only 5 mw lasers for indoor use... could be a challenge? Build an r2d2 that does same thing?

Last edited:
The FAA is already giving us Multirotor/Drone guys hell. They're passing a law that states it is unlawful to have a drone leave your line of sight while in flight and that you cannot use any kind of assisted vision device (even binocs!) such as First Person View video transmission.

I can understand where they are comming from.. this would be an easily deployed weapons platform. It scares the daylights out the FAA of such to be in cunsumer hands let alone would be terrorist with a thousand bucks and a pound of home made explosives. Or dangerous other weapons on board. IE send one up to 45th floor to assasinate an important person.

Last edited: