Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10mW Violet Micro laser diode module

Why does it say DPSS in the title?

Do people just use 'DPSS' because it makes the listing look cooler and more technical? :-?

Murudai said:
Why does it say DPSS in the title?

Do people just use 'DPSS' because it makes the listing look cooler and more technical? :-?
They put DPSS in the title because it will make their listing come up in eBay search results if someone searches for DPSS.

I wonder what the driver is.... am watching this one :cool:

Regards rog8811

Maelstrom said:
$20-drive 803t
$4-module
$20- driver
=$44. Cheaper, and much more power
But it isn't as small. The one in the auction is .410" X .695"

daguin

Maelstrom said:
$20-drive 803t
$4-module
$20- driver
=$44. Cheaper, and much more power

The post was certainly NOT about a better price. It was just showing what is out there now and coming our way.

This is NOT the invention of some mad scientist working alone in his basement. This is already being mass produced. It just hasn't hit our market yet.

Peace,
dave

V

V1.15

quadcam said:
cool, now maybe my dream of a keychain BR isn't that far off. :)
I already have one running on a single AAA... I can't claim 'buildership' :lol: though. I bought it from another member here a week back.

Anyway... he used the single AAA flashlight on DX and used the existing LED driver inside to push the diode. It is only about 5mW... but the entire assy is about the diameter of a AA battery, and only about 0.5" longer... about the length of a 12 gauge shell, only the diamter of a 20 gauge shell :cool:

What I am saying here is that "you don't have to wait." Lord knows I didn't. I was gathering all the stuff I needed to assemble one, and then I found one already built.

V1.15 said:
about the length of a 12 gauge shell, only the diamter of a 20 gauge shell :cool:
If it is the length of a 12 gauge shell, and the width of 20 gauge shell, wouldn't that just be the size of a 20 gauge shell? I'm pretty sure 12 gauge shells and 20 gauge shells are the same length (excluding the 3.5 inch 12 gauge shells)