Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10mW red laser sight on my Glock 17.

My adjustable 10mW red laser sight on my 9mm Glock 17, I love this firearm but even with advanced synthetic polymers I still managed to crack two frames, Anyone else have this problem with there Glocks?

Attachments

• 17march 269.JPG
    17march 269.JPG
    81.8 KB · Views: 10,119
  • 17march 270.JPG
    17march 270.JPG
    87.8 KB · Views: 5,208
  • 17march 276.JPG
    17march 276.JPG
    72.5 KB · Views: 5,286
  • 17march 278.JPG
    17march 278.JPG
    72.7 KB · Views: 13,758

Ive got a glock 17 and put quite a few rounds through it, and ive never had any problem with it. and one of my friends has a pair of glock 17s that he shoots pretty often and hes never had any problem either.

It is a very common problem with the E-series Model 17 Glock. The newer G-series is better, but it still occurs.
Also the colored frames,olive drab green ,desert brown camo, etc. are more susceptible to cracking then the black ones. (the carbon black in the frame helps protect from UV induced weakening)
On the slides, the crack is generally through the serial number under the ejection port.
The frames generally crack from the lanyard hole to the frame bottom (G-series)
The infamous E-series have experienced some problems with cracking frame rails on the receiver also.
There was some mistakes that were made in the manufacturing process of the E-series frame rails, and frames in general.
Glock will replace the frames that fall into this serial number range. (it may take some bitching to them, but they will "give in" and replace it for $50. (should be free, as it's a known defect)

None of mine have cracked yet, but I have <2K rounds through them so far.:whistle:

Heat, light and solvents are the major enemy's of the polymers used.
Always use a solvent marked "polymer safe"
Don't store the weapon in a vehicle for long periods of time (heat)
Avoid long exposure to sunlight. (leaving it on a window sill for example)
I am sure you already know all of this,although.

Last edited: