Welcome to Laser Pointer Forums - discuss green laser pointers, blue laser pointers, and all types of lasers

LPF Donation via Stripe | LPF Donation - Other Methods

Links below open in new window

ArcticMyst Security by Avery

10mW Blu-Ray Finally on its way.

After finally straightening out a bit of a mix up. My 10mW Blu Ray from O-Like is finally on its way! Any suggestions on what to try when it gets here? It's my 1st Blu-Ray. Next i think ill order one of those 200mW new style reds that are so popular!:D

Blu-ray is a very cool laser. It's dot can appear in different colors depending on what you shine it on. For example if you shine it on a white paper it appears light blue, if shined on some yellow/greenish plastics it's a light green dot and it can be other colors depending on what you shine it on. You should also shine it at fluorescent objects because it charges them and they immediately start to glow.

Blu-ray is a very cool laser. It's dot can appear in different colors depending on what you shine it on. For example if you shine it on a white paper it appears light blue, if shined on some yellow/greenish plastics it's a light green dot and it can be other colors depending on what you shine it on. You should also shine it at fluorescent objects because it charges them and they immediately start to glow.

That's what i really like about the blu ray. Is that they can make things glow.
I don't have alot of fluorescent objects though. I really like the idea of writing on things :D. I wonder how well it would do with some glow in the dark paint?

That's what i really like about the blu ray. Is that they can make things glow.
I don't have alot of fluorescent objects though. I really like the idea of writing on things :D. I wonder how well it would do with some glow in the dark paint?

Well I don't have any glow in the dark paint so I don't know, but it works great with fluorescent flashlight caps that can be bought from Dealextreme for cheap.

MikeBP

Not a bad choice for a 405. i would have just pot modded a cheap 405:whistle:

good stuff, I am currently looking into a burning 12x mod I think if you are interested you should too, pretty cheap project, on average about 40$ shipped and another 10$ for a nice case.

Glad you go verything sorted, and your laser is on its way. Blu-ray ae great fun. Glow in the dark paint is awesome in the dark. I sprayed the side of my PC case and have it in my room to doodle on at night. plus many things flourece under Uv light.

3zuli

Any suggestions on what to try when it gets here?
start collecting ANY stuff that is GITD
I recommend buying a GITD sheet: 9x12 glow in the dark foam sheet - $2.99 : Modwerx Shop
or making one: http://laserpointerforums.com/f51/tutorial-diy-gitd-sheet-46760.html
also buy the flashlight caps, used as dust cover for Aixiz modules DealExtreme: $1.89 Glow-in-the-Dark Silicone Tailcaps for Flashlights (14mm Green / 10-Pack)
and uranium glass cracked marbles like this: http://modwerx.com/shop/3-pack-1258-uranium-cracked-glass-marble-p-5.htm

MikeBP

BrightSaber we need to make one of those GITD sheets. seriously

MikeBP

made one for BrightSaber as a 1.0 tons of paint left (4oz good lord) so i will try to make a really nice final version.

D

Deleted member 8382

Not a bad choice for a 405. i would have just pot modded a cheap 405:whistle:

good stuff, I am currently looking into a burning 12x mod I think if you are interested you should too, pretty cheap project, on average about 40$ shipped and another 10$ for a nice case.
how the hell will you get a 12x for 40$?